PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Parker grades

Phil Turner
10-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi everybody.
Great web site.
I am interested in picking up a Parker gun for myself here in the UK.
Wanted one for years. As you can imagine there aren't too many over here.
I am going to look at one this weekend. It is a 12 gauge, double boxlock, extractor. Can anyone tell me how to tell what grade it is. As said I'm not to familiar with the different grades except what I read in the Double Gun Journal.
Thank you in advance.

Eric Eis
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Phil, all Parkers are boxlocks so that does not help. But if you go to the main page there is a title on the left side saying "Identifying Parker grades" click on that and that should help. Eric

Phil Turner
10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks Eric.
Since I first posted I found the page you listed.
I should have explored a bit first.
Very interesting. I'll let you know what it's like when I see it.

Carl Brandt
10-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Phil,

Take along a digital camera and snap some pics of the gun and we will be able to give you a better opinion on the gun (post them on this site). Be sure to get good clear shots of the sides, bottom and top of the frame and the barrel flats and watertable plus the stock and forend. Measure the length of barrels and note the serial number and that it is the same on all 3 major subassemblies (trigger guard bow, watertable and barrel lug). Eric is right, all hammerless parkers are boxlocks - hammerguns are sidelocks. Look through the Albums on this site and you will get to see a pretty good range of Parkers. Good luck.

Carl.