PDA

View Full Version : Parker Brother's engravers

Bill Bates
10-02-2009, 07:08 PM
So who were some of the more noted engravers for Parker and when did they work for Parker or later Remington? Did any of them have style that stood out and did they do work for others or strictly work in house? Did they ever sign there work?

I know with other makers say Browning or Winchester some engraver's work is more collectable than others. I wondered if Parker was the same.

Kevin McCormack
10-03-2009, 02:58 PM
The Parker Story covered this in some detail; others have filled in tidbits of info not available at the time of publication. I wrote a detailed article on the life of Bob Runge sometime back in the Double Gun Journal, which includes a number of personal anecdotes found nowhere else, based on a lengthy interview I had with him around 2000. KBM

C Roger Giles
10-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Kevin;
You will probably know if Kornbrath being one of the engravers from the Mowhawk Valley area ever did and work for Parker?
It's the engraving on guns that enamors me, PTG, Roger

Robert Delk
10-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, Kornbrath engraved at least 8 Parkers,I believe, according to what I have read.I believe they were grade 3(D)grade guns.I believe this is discussed in TPS.Have any of these guns shown up. Kornbraths papers are,or were, in the possession of Larry Wilson.

Bruce Day
10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Bob, R. L. Wilson acquired many fine guns and historical papers. Guess you had to be in the right place at the right time.

For engraving, as everybody else says, read TPS.

Bill Murphy
10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Some of the Kornbrath papers and notebooks are in the Cody Museum. I don't know if there is additional Parker information in that collection.

Dean Romig
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm putting together a year by year timeline of serial number ranges and the Parker Bros. employees and contractors. I hope to have it ready for the spring issue of Parker Pages. Most, if not all, of the information that I will include is taken from The Parker Story and other books on the Parker Gun.

Don Kaas
10-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Did Larry take the Kornbrath papers to Federal Prison with him, Bruce?

Bruce Day
10-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm sure he merely had them for research and safekeeping, Don.

David Dwyer
10-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Dean
Fantastic-Thank you
David

Bill Bates
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm putting together a year by year timeline of serial number ranges and the Parker Bros. employees and contractors. I hope to have it ready for the spring issue of Parker Pages. Most, if not all, of the information that I will include is taken from The Parker Story and other books on the Parker Gun.

That sounds like the type of information I'm wondering about. Thanks for the heads up on the article.