PDA

View Full Version : Lost Book

Dean Romig
10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
On Saturday at Pintail Point I left a new book I had purchased on a table in the PGCA tent for safe-keeping while I went out to shoot a round with Austin. When I came back all preparations had been made for the PGCA wine & cheese social and my book was no longer there. I'd like to thank the person who put it out of harm's way but somehow it got so far out that I couldn't find it, even after asking several people of its whereabouts.
It is a brand new book, still in its plastic wrapper, and is dark red leather-bound with gold embossing. As I recall, the title is "Bare November Days".
Thanks in advance for saving it for me.

Regards, Dean

Dave Suponski
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
:banghead:

John Dunkle
10-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Dean,

If it's any consolation, I don't have your copy nor do I know where it is.....

While I hope this helps, I'm quite sure it doesn't...

:)

Yer' pal,

John

Robin Lewis
10-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Wow John, well said! Dean, the same goes for me; I don't have it either.

tom tutwiler
10-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Wasn't there so I can't help on the search. However, did find the book on Ebay. Link is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bare-November-Days-A-Tribute-to-Ruffed-Grouse-King-o_W0QQitemZ260297654342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Nonfi ction_Book?hash=item3c9af30046&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Robert Rambler
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
That's a dang shame! The worst part is, your missing out on a great read until it shows up or you find another copy! Keep your fingers crossed!

Dean Romig
10-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Dear John, Robin & Tom - I had already guessed that none of you had it and I used deductive reasoning to arrive at my conclusion . . . the first clue I had was the very obvious vacancy of presence you guys would otherwise have filled . . . in other words, I kinda noticed you weren't there :rolleyes:

tom tutwiler
10-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Made me laugh on the way to work. Always a good thing.

Tom Carter
10-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Dean, Please check your PM's. Cheers, Tom

Dean Romig
10-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks Tom, I'll look into that lead. Dean

Carl Beers
10-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Dean....too bad about your book. Hope you locate it. As a result of your message I looked into the purchasing of a copy of the book and just completed the transaction via Abe Books. Don't know what you paid for your copy but the Abe price didn't seem too bad. They had several copies listed for sale, both the presentation copy and the regular edition. A guy can't have too many grouse, quail and pheasant books in his library. We'll be going into the northern Wisconsin woods next weekend chasing grouse and woodcock and then on to South Dakota for two weeks of pheasant and sharp tail hunting. From there to Kansas for a fall turkey hunt and then it's time to get back here to Wisconsin for a fall turkey. Hope you locate your book or are successful in obtaining another copy.

Best regards, Carl Beers cbbeers@att.net

Jeffrey Cruz
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
On Saturday at Pintail Point I left a new book I had purchased on a table in the PGCA tent for safe-keeping while I went out to shoot a round with Austin. When I came back all preparations had been made for the PGCA wine & cheese social and my book was no longer there. I'd like to thank the person who put it out of harm's way but somehow it got so far out that I couldn't find it, even after asking several people of its whereabouts.
It is a brand new book, still in its plastic wrapper, and is dark red leather-bound with gold embossing. As I recall, the title is "Bare November Days".
Thanks in advance for saving it for me.

Regards, Dean
Man oh man. I thought the lawyers were clever. I'l have to remember this line. What a clever way of saying: Will the son-of-a-b#t$h who stole my book give it back before I inject you with pheasant load!

E Robert Fabian
10-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Just order my copy on Abe books.

John, what do you think of having a Sticky under Hunting with Parker's or Parker paper with members book recommendations, I know I'm always looking for a good hunting or dog book, just a thought.

John Dunkle
10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey Bob..!

I like that thought!!!! It's a great idea!

I'm wondering if I should set up a new Forum (Books and Reviews about Parkers) - or set it up as a Sticky in an existing Forum? I could go either way - but frankly - I'm always looking for articles, books, magazines, etc... about Parkers...

What are your thoughts?

Best to you!

John

Robin Lewis
10-03-2009, 07:17 PM
John, a book review is something the Parker Pages is looking for and I encourage anyone that has read a book he or she thinks would be of interest to their fellow PGCA members to type up a review and send it to Austin. This board is a good place for us but believe it or not, some PGCA members don't do computers! Parker Pages gets all the members (assuming delivery works as expected).

John Dunkle
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey Robin!

Assuming it is as you say - I still have no problem setting up a forum/sticky for book reviews - and have Austin reprint those posts in Parker Pages. If folks want to send those to Austin under a separate cover - that is great as well.

In my world - we are all here to promote Parker enthusiasts. In the Forum - not all are Members who get Parker Pages, but it certainly that does not diminish their enthusiasm or the love of the gun.

But again - that's just my world. What do I know?

Thanks!

John

Robin Lewis
10-03-2009, 08:00 PM
John,

I wasn't saying not to do it, I was just pointing out Parker Pages as a forum too.

E Robert Fabian
10-03-2009, 09:14 PM
John, it works for me either way.

Some of the members have mention books in the past and I've enjoyed them and figured there may be a few sleepers out there.

John Dunkle
10-04-2009, 09:26 AM
OK - let's try this... I renamed the
Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Collectibles

to:
Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (http://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

Figuring just about anything "Parker" is collectible, so the original title might have been a little redundant ;)

John

Dean Romig
10-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks to all for your concern. It still hasn't turned up but I have faith that the person who has it doesn't even realize it. Dean