PDA

View Full Version : Inherited Parkers

Harry Collins
09-29-2009, 10:16 AM
My Cousins from Spartanburg visited this weekend. Their father was Bill Sandifer that I wrote about in the Parker Pages "Christmas Trojan". Bill's Parkers went to his grandchildren. The boy's father was not a hunter and Bill died before he could indoctrinate he children on the care and cleaning of guns. The short and long of it is the Parkers were taken away from the grandchildren and given to me. A VH 16 gauge 224338 28" barrels choked cylinder and full and a VH 20 gauge 95762 26" choked imp and mod. They are not without complaint. I was able to get the rust off them and the 20 has a chip out of the stock at the toe and the 16 is without trigger guard, screws, cocking slide, sear pin, top lever spring (coil type) and trip spring and pin!

I have several questions: 1. What kind of sinle trigger is this on the 16 gauge? There are no repair codes on the gun. 2. I was going to have Del Grego resupply the parts and do the work but was going to have it stocked with straight stock. Not original to the gun, though I think it would make a cracker jack quail configuration. Your thoughts? 3. I was going to get a set of 28 gague barrels from CSMS for the 20 gague. 4. As I have family guns in 10, 12, 16, and two 20's I think it prudent to have dispersal of the other Parkers (though I know I would regret it, financial burdens dictate the manoeuver).

Harry

Bill Murphy
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Harry, that's an early Miller selective trigger. If nothing is missing, it should work OK. No repair codes since it was not installed at Remington.

Harry Collins
09-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks Bill, I just noticed that MILLER is on both sides of the trigger!

Harry