PDA

View Full Version : Stock

Andrew Thompson
09-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Gentlemen, I have a broken stock on a VH. I want to have both the stock and foreend re-done to Parker specks any suggestions as to who should do it and how much it should cost. I have asked a company in California who quoted me about $700 turnkey. Feel free to PM. Don't want to ruffle any feathers. Thanks alot

John Dunkle
09-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi Andrew!

Is that $700 for a replacement or rather, a repair of your existing stock? Also, how badly broken is your stock?

Best to you!

John

Andrew Thompson
09-24-2009, 09:42 AM
The stock is broken in the grip under the safety and is completely sevored so both stock and foreend would be replaced, recheckered, and refinished

Destry L. Hoffard
09-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd send it to Stock Fixers for a look see before spending the money to get it restocked.

http://www.stockfixrs.com/

Destry

Andrew Thompson
09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I would consider that, Destry, but if im going to fix it, I'd rather replace it completey. Also, I'm missing a piece of the broken stock so... It's a great shooter, very solid and a #2 frame. Ducks get a very uneasy feeling when I uncase it.:D

Destry L. Hoffard
09-25-2009, 03:51 AM
Them #2 frame Parkers do make a good duck gun. I've been shooting a 32 inch DHE on that frame for about 8 years now, have drug the poor old gun coast to coast and even across the ocean a time or two.

This season it will get a much deserved break though. I've stepped up the ladder, finally got a #3 frame DHE with 34 inch barrels. It will get it's first airing (in my hands) on fowl come Saturday morning. I spoke with my Canadian friend this evening, his expression was that the lake was absolutely "polluted" with ducks. Hopefully I'll get a few shots to test it out, I've got plenty of cartridges.

Destry

P.S. Yes boys, I know you're all sick of hearing me talk about "The Swamp Angel", but dammit, I chased her for two years so I deserve to brag a little. I've never chased a woman as hard as I chased that gun.

Andrew Thompson
09-25-2009, 07:19 PM
34 inches of barrel?!! I would have to have someone on either side of me to help stop the gun from swinging once I fired. Following through wouldn't be a problem. Would love to see a pic if you have one.

Chris Travinski
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Destry,

All that chatter about your new 3 frame, but no pictures yet! Are you waiting until you have some dead stuff to set the mood for the picture?? I would still like to see it if you have a chance when you get back.

Chris