PDA

View Full Version : Steve McQueen's Parkers

Don Kaas
09-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Apparently owning Parkers must be cool or Steve would not have owned them and Steve was "cool"...57,684 GH 12g 26", 240,163 VHE 20g 28" and my personal favorite, 206,347 DHE 16g 32"...

George Lander
09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I just saw on the AOL site that Steve Mc Queen's last home in Santa Paula, California is on the market at 1.95 million. Long live the "King of Cool".

It was his last home which he lived in with his third wife from 1977 until his death in 1980.

Best Regards, George

Jay Gardner
09-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Any idea where his guns are today? I agree, Don. A 32" 16 ga D would be something to behold and if it happened to have a straight stock and a SSBP it would be something to covet more than Ali McGraw (in her day).

Don Kaas
09-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I recently sold my 2009 Ford Mustang "Bullitt" to my British boss who is shipping it back home as a present for his son. I loved the car but I just was not cool enough:banghead:

Jay Gardner
09-23-2009, 01:12 PM
I recently sold my 2009 Ford Mustang "Bullitt" to my British boss who is shipping it back home as a present for his son. I loved the car but I just was not cool enough:banghead:

Don, don't kid yourself, your too cool for that car. You should be driving a vintage Shelby Cobra.

Looking at the new Mustangs, Cameros and Chargers I keep asking myself how did Detroit get away from making cars like these. I hope they sell every friggin one they can make because these are what the American car is all about and they may be the only thing that keeps the lights on at "Big Three".

So, no idea who has that D 16/32?

Don Kaas
09-23-2009, 01:37 PM
The Parkers listed were sold by Bonhams in 2006 along with other McQueen-o-bilia so they are "around' somewhere...

Bill Murphy
09-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Yup, we're cool. Parkers and dangerous American cars. I have had other pleasures in life, including a wonderful wife, a passable home, and a reasonable income. If I put those together with the Parkers and the cars, I am one happy guy. OK, I still have one MC, so life is perfect. Steve McQueen lived in a 1.9 house??? What was he thinking?

Don Kaas
09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
To paraphase Steve's lead character in "Le Mans" on racing, "Hunting ducks with Parkers is life. Everything that comes before and after is just waiting."

Francis Morin
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
I just saw on the AOL site that Steve Mc Queen's last home in Santa Paula, California is on the market at 1.95 million. Long live the "King of Cool".

It was his last home which he lived in with his third wife from 1977 until his death in 1980.

Best Regards, George Wow-how many did he own then George?What a shame- James Dean dies in his Porsche 1955, Steve McQueen ( a brother Gyrene) succumbs to cancer in 1980. Never knew he was a Parker man and loved to hunt ducks, as both Gary Cooper and Clark Gable did as well.

Not that much of a performance car guy, once owned a Datsun 2000 (pre-ceeded the Z series) 4 cyl. 5 speed coupe- gun metal grey- had it up to 115 at night (30 years ago) ran down the road steady as a rock. I sold it because it was harder to fit duck decoys, my Lab and a shotgun cased inside, compared to my pickup truck.

More into Harleys (past tense) and loved McQueen doing all his own bike riding in "The Great Escape". I don't know European bikes as well as Harleys, but my guess- a BMW??

George Lander
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Francis: I just saw the blurb about Steve's house on AOL that he lived in until he passed away. Seems that I remember that he went to Mexico for some experimental cancer treatment. "THE GETAWAY" with Steve & Ali McGraw is one of my all time favorite movies and the remake with Alec Baldwin & Kim Bassinger wasn't bad. Seems like 1.9Mil for his home ought to be a great price for someone with that kind of money. I remember when Bonham's sold his Parkers and other memorabilia but I have no idea who might own them now.

Best Regards, George

Francis Morin
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=George Lander;4489]Hey Francis: I just saw the blurb about Steve's house on AOL that he lived in until he passed away. Seems that I remember that he went to Mexico for some experimental cancer treatment. "THE GETAWAY" with Steve & Ali McGraw is one of my all time favorite movies and the remake with Alec Baldwin & Kim Bassinger wasn't bad. Seems like 1.9Mil for his home ought to be a great price for someone with that kind of money. I remember when Bonham's sold his Parkers and other memorabilia but I have no idea who might own them now. Thanks to both you george, and also to Don Kaas for posting this, I have been a McQueen fan for many years, never knew he owned Parkers or was sold on duck hunting with them. As far as his role in "Bullitt" besides the fantastic car scenes in S.F.- I should have guessed Steve was a gun guy- he described the bad guy as using a Winchester M97- which was correct-and I believe he carried the .38 snubbie upside down in the pancake shoulder holster-Cool to the nth degree-:cool