View Full Version : RIP Dan Carter
Garry L Gordon
09-27-2026, 02:22 PM
It is with great sadness that I let you all know of the passing of my friend and our PGCA colleague, Dan Carter. Dan and I connected through the Forum as he would always contact me about my posts of hunting, a passion he and I shared. Dan and I had more than Parkers and hunting in common. Unfortunately, he and I also shared our cancer journey, and today I received word from his son, Rick, that his long battle is now over.
Dan was a veteran, a father and grandfather, a hunter and a clays shooter. He loved beagles, grouse hunting, and fishing...and his family. I enjoyed his many stories of his long and good life. His son, Rick, told me that Dan’s guns will be valued and used within the family. I know that was important to Dan.
Dan spoke highly of his PGCA friends and acquaintances, and I know he valued his membership in our group. The Forum was a big part of his life. He mentioned many of you by name, and I would most certainly leave someone out if I tried to note all who were a part of Dan’s life.
I am grateful to have come to know Dan through this Association.
(Photo: Dan flanked by his sons.)
edgarspencer
09-27-2026, 02:30 PM
Dan never spoke an unkind word about anyone. He was a real gentleman, He will be sorely missed, not just by the people who personally knew him, but by all who value true wisdom.
J. Scott Hanes
09-27-2026, 02:39 PM
It truly gets harder and harder to live long enough to see good, old friends pass on. God Bless Dan Carter even though I never knew him. Love that photo!
Reggie Bishop
09-27-2026, 04:54 PM
It saddens me to read this. My condolences to his family.
Randy G Roberts
09-27-2026, 08:39 PM
I don't believe I ever crossed paths with Dan. Sounds like he was a fine Gent. My condolences to the family and Dans PGCA friends.
Dean Romig
09-28-2026, 12:30 AM
And again we arediminished. I knew Dan but never knew he was ailing. He was a good one and was as kind as we remember him to have been.
We had shot together a few times and as I remember he lived here in the Northeast somewhere but I don't remdenber which state.
I can only say Rest in Peace Friend.
.
Pete Lester
09-28-2026, 05:50 AM
This is very sad news, Dan was a great guy, he would come up to NH and join us on New Years Day shoot and get together at Major Waldrons. He will be missed.
Garry L Gordon
09-28-2026, 06:20 AM
Dan lived in Massachusetts. In the months that we shared daily emails, he told me of so many things. I've been a "listener" since I was a kid, the one who sat in the corner and was enthralled with the stories I heard. Dan shared many with me over his last months. He mentioned his trips to shoot in New Hampshire, and he spoke very fondly of those times. Dean, he mentioned the kindness you showed him and the council you gave him about his guns. Edgar, you were among his favorites, too. Clark showed him much kindness and encouragement, and some wonderful videos from his farm. All these were of great importance to Dan.
I have learned in my now many years that there are no small things when it comes to people's lives, and that we never know when we might touch someone with kindness or compassion. That lesson can serve us all well as we go through life.
Thanks to those who comment on Dan. I'll be sure to let his family know.
Dean Romig
09-28-2026, 06:56 AM
Rest easy Dan.
.
Sara LeFever
09-29-2026, 08:46 AM
https://www.dockrayandthomasfuneralhome.com/obituary/Daniel-Carter
Dean Romig
09-29-2026, 04:54 PM
Thanks Sara
.
Pete Lester
09-30-2026, 09:11 AM
About half way down the obituary page there is link on the right to view a very nice picture gallery (196 pictures) of Dan. New Years Day at Major Waldron's will not be the same to me.
https://www.dockrayandthomasfuneralhome.com/obituary/Daniel-Carter
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.