View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about Classic Doubles 201
Elvin Ehrhardt
09-25-2026, 12:21 PM
These Classic Doubles Model 201 were produced by the Japanese Kodensha plant after they stopped producing the Parker Reproductions. It turns out that plant had produced both the Winchester model 101s and 23s as well as the Parker Repros. They later started producing their version of the 101 and what they called the Classic Double 201. The receivers look very clearly like a Parker DHE as do the stock shape. The fore ends are all beavertail type and the latch used looks identical to those of the Winchester 23 as do the ejector mechanics in the fore end. Has anyone here used one of these before and can offer any quality details. I am considering picking one up from a local sale.
edgarspencer
09-25-2026, 12:35 PM
They're heavy
Bill Davis
09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
They are nice Guns! I’ve had them in both 12 and 20. The 20 gauge guns are particularly nice. They are basically Parker reproductions in Winchester clothing. Check out the floor plate and you’ll see what I mean. Most of them have decent wood and a good mechanical trigger.
Chris Riley
09-29-2026, 08:57 PM
I have one in 20 gauge with 26" vent rib barrels choked IC/M, single selective trigger, 3" chambers, pistol grip stock with grip cap, beavertail forend. Mine weighs 7.3 pounds, nice wood, and is super fun to shoot. I believe Winchester and Kodensha Co., Ltd. of Tochigi, Japan were in partnership together (Olin-Kodensha) and made the Winchester Model 23 and Model 101. When production stopped and that partnership ended, Classic Doubles was formed and had Kodensha make its line which went into production in or about 1987 and continued for only a couple of years until it went out of business. I believe Kodensha also made the Parker Reproductions. This gun borrows aspects of a Parker and Winchester Model 21, and also, from what I've read, the Win Model 23.
Scott Janowski
09-29-2026, 09:15 PM
I owned one in 20 gauge with straight grip beavertail single trigger, 26” choked IC- MOD.
They are wonderful guns and off the radar of most collectors.
The only reason I let it go was I picked up a Model 21 to replace it.
Be aware of the wood grain at the wrist as some were not straight.
Brian Dudley
09-30-2026, 07:36 AM
Mechanically they have some features of a few different guns put into them.
Yeah Scott, the japanese seemed to have an issue laying out stocks.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.