PDA

View Full Version : VH 16 ga 0 frame new to me


Don Strelioff
09-20-2026, 10:56 PM
I was walking thru a local small gun show today and game across this 16 ga
Dom 1904 28" bbl 0 frame vh choked very tight in both bbl's
I only have a skeet's tool for 12 ga so i'm unable to get specific choke measurements
but it's choked tight
Mostly patina over complete gun which is fine butt plate is missing no big deal
bores cleaned up very nicely .
it took about 5.5 hours to give it a proper cleaning which it was in need of
i'm very happy with the gun overall a 0 frame 16 gain saskatchewan is a rare as holding a winning lotto ticket .
i even had time to go to a local farm yard and shoot a few pigeons .
As with most of my parker's it shoots where i look the comb is a bit high i will take it down this is not a collator grade gun
Now i will try post a few pics

Paul Ehlers
09-22-2026, 09:13 AM
Ya got to love those 0-Frame sixteens.

Congratulations on the finding this one! Being as you're in Saskatchewan, I'm thinking it might be used for Sharptail's & Huns. I've toted a Parker 16 on a couple of great hunts for birds in Saskatchewan myself a few years back.

I'm thinking your gun might be choked pretty tight being as you can't get your twelve-gauge skeets tool down the bore, I've ran into this on a couple of guns myself.

Have a great time & enjoy your new toy!

Don Strelioff
09-22-2026, 10:17 AM
Yes it will be used for sharp tailes and huns for sure the 0 frame 16's handle nicely i do have a no 1 frame 16 which i use often as well .

Dave Noreen
09-22-2026, 10:38 AM
Nice!! I have fond memories of hunting Sharptails in Saskatchewan when I was young and had hair on the top of my head!

As with most of my parker's it shoots where i look the comb is a bit high i will take it down this is not a collator grade gun

Changing that stock is not an issue as it is a replacement, not Parker Bros. work.

Mike Franzen
09-24-2026, 11:55 PM
I have a 16 ga O frame with 30 inch bbls. I’ve carried it on several hunts. It can really reach out.

Don Strelioff
09-24-2026, 11:58 PM
o have taken it out for barn yard pigeons and it shoots where i look so that pleases me

Mills Morrison
09-25-2026, 09:41 AM
0 frame 16's are my favorite Parker configuration

Keith Doty
09-26-2026, 01:22 PM
Few things finer than an "0" frame 16. Be careful, you may forsake your other shotguns.....

Dean Romig
09-26-2026, 03:55 PM
0 frame 16's are my favorite Parker configuration



I have, and have had, a bunch o' them.:cool:





.

Don Strelioff
09-27-2026, 01:04 PM
it has become my upland gun
i have accumulated some components and a lee load so looking forward to loading for it
the new lyman no 6 manual has some nice low pressure data