View Full Version : Double Gun Journal

Jim McKee
12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Received in the mail today the form for ordering the Index & Reader Vol. III
The per-publication price is $ 135.00.
Jim

Ken Hill
12-07-2023, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the information Jim. I haven’t seen a card yet. Do they provide any description of how many articles will be in the index?

Ken

Jim McKee
12-07-2023, 04:31 PM
Yes see the attachment.

Arthur Shaffer
12-07-2023, 10:12 PM
Does the flyer have their current contact information? I was a subscriber when they stopped publication, and I ordered several back issues around that time. I thought I preordered the Volume III using my remaining subscription as partial payment, but I haven't recieved a card or an acknowledgement of the order status. I can't find my contact info from that time.

Jim McKee
12-07-2023, 10:21 PM
e-mail contact about your account is listed as
dgjournal@voyager.net

Arthur Shaffer
12-12-2023, 12:38 PM
I sent a note to the email address and found that I had already used all my credit. They included the flyer you recieved only it was a collage of the different sections front and back. I printed it, filled out the relevant sections, wrote a check and realized there was no mailing address on any of the section copies I had recieved. I emailed them asking for their mailing address for orders and to date have not recieved a response.

Could someone look on the flyers/cards they have recieved and let me have the mailing address if it exists?

Jack Kuzepski
12-12-2023, 01:25 PM
When I received my packet, it had a return envelope with the following address:

The Double Gun Journal
attn: Daniel, Joanna, & Heidi
Post Office Box 550
East Jordan, Michigan 49727

Dean Romig
12-12-2023, 04:17 PM
I received mine on Saturday and mailed my order form on Monday.

Bill Murphy
12-13-2023, 10:25 AM
I mailed mine even faster than Dean. However, the book won't be mailed until March. I'll be waiting.

Bob Decker
12-22-2023, 09:06 PM
I got mine today. I sent my check for vol 3 of the index. No acknowledgement that they owed me for the unfilled subscription I had paid for. I considered this a high class organization and wrote a couple of articles for them. Their publication was superb. However, it now seems like they are milking us double gun fans like a herd of cows.

Brian Dudley
12-22-2023, 09:10 PM
After I got the shaft from them on an article I wrote, never again. I was done.

Dean Romig
12-22-2023, 09:43 PM
I’ve never had a problem with them. I have always considered Daniel and Joanna friends. They’ve always treated me with respect and fairness. In fact, I like to help them out when I can. I asked if they would send me a copy of Austin’s wonderful book because I was taking a ride to Manchester VT and I wanted to stop at both Orvis and the Museum of American Flyfishing and I wanted to show them the book.
They sent me a brand new copy still wrapped in plastic and didn’t send a bill but said I could send a check if one of those stores bought it.
Oddly neither had ever even heard of the book and get this… Austin’s father was the first curator of the Museum back in the 70’s. Anyway, they bought the book and I sent the check to DGJ and asked for another book. Same arrangement and I’ve sold several for them.

They’re both very nice people and very easy to deal with and Heidi is terrific too.

Just sayin’

Harry Gietler
12-22-2023, 09:57 PM
I got mine today. I sent my check for vol 3 of the index. No acknowledgement that they owed me for the unfilled subscription I had paid for. I considered this a high class organization and wrote a couple of articles for them. Their publication was superb. However, it now seems like they are milking us double gun fans like a herd of cows.

They can only ''MILK YOU'', IF YOU ALLOW THEM TO!

Harry

Arthur Shaffer
12-22-2023, 11:22 PM

I had not recieved mine and emailed them. They photocopied a copy and sent it, telling me that I had used up my credit and the effective date. The reply I recieved had instructions for determining the amount of credit you are owed. I actually recieved the mailer after I had remitted my order. They are very upfront about tracking the credits and fulfilling them. Email and ask.

Bill Murphy
12-23-2023, 06:02 AM
Their order form, as I recall, had blanks to fill in the credit you are owed and instructions to subtract that credit from the amount you are to pay for any items you wish to order. Pretty easy.

Mike Koneski
12-23-2023, 08:47 AM
I received my mailing from Daniel last week and sent my order yesterday for the Reader and Index III. 400-500 pages of more glorious double gun prose!! They did say books will be shipped in the order the orders are received beginning in March. Hope to see mine in early March. :)

Phil Yearout
12-23-2023, 09:43 PM
Considering all that the Cotes have given to the double gun community I can’t see much reason to say anything negative about them.

Matt Buckley
12-24-2023, 11:28 AM
I remember receiving a post card in the mail after they stopped printing DGJ with my credit amount and I used that on purchasing one of there books. I remember the credit didn't cover the entire cost of the book and they didn't ask for the difference. I guess I have felt they have always been honest and good to deal with and I just wrote out my check for the upcoming Reader and Index. I look forward to seeing the articles and having the index for my DGJ library.