PDA

View Full Version : Need help to fix Top lever issue

Phil Prainito
10-15-2023, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and need assistance/guidance on repairing the top lever on my grandfathers 12gauge side by side, serial number 95030.

I am now having an issue that when I load and bring the barrel back to normal position, the lever no longer sets itself. The safety activates but the lever doesn't snap into place, I have to manually now move it to center to lock the barrel. I have no idea what to replace/fix/look at.

Would anyone have some input for this fix? I have sporadically been using the gun for trap but now I want to preserve it as a collectors gun and buy an new gun just for trap.

Any input is very much appreciated.
Thanks, Phil

Dean Romig
10-15-2023, 04:56 PM
Is there spring resistance in the lever when you open the action?

Bruce P Bruner
10-15-2023, 05:45 PM
Phil, I had a similar problem. Open this link, resolution awaits you.
https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34040

Brian Dudley
10-15-2023, 06:09 PM
It is a bad top lever spring.

Phil Prainito
10-15-2023, 08:08 PM
thanks all for the replies.

there is no resistance to the lever.
I will look to replace the top lever spring. Would anyone have a parts list or schematic once I take this apart to take a look see?

Jerry Harlow
10-15-2023, 09:47 PM
See if Brian Dudley who replied above can work it in to fix it. He has salvaged top-lever springs which will have to be fitted.

Once fixed, I would not hesitate to continue using a family gun.

Phil Prainito
10-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Brian, any tips to replace it? J.A. Early mentioned you have done this before.

Jerry Harlow
10-16-2023, 01:43 PM
Brian, any tips to replace it? J.A. Early mentioned you have done this before.

Phil,

Message Brian and see if he can do it for you. Must be fitted. He does this for a living. No tips unless you can do it yourself, but a lot of fitting and if you haven't been inside a Parker, leave it to someone who can do it for you. You'll be happy you did not experiment.