PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT: The 2023 Distinguished Service Award and deadlines for nomination

Brian Dudley
05-15-2023, 01:26 PM
The PGCA Distinguished Service Awards will be presented at this years annual meeting and banquet which will be held in conjunction with the Vintage Gunners Cup (Sept 7-9 2023 in Wellsville, PA). This is your reminder and call for nominations.

Nomination Criteria: The selection of the award recipients is based on nomination of their peers. PGCA members should nominate fellow members that they feel have gone 'above and beyond ' the ordinary and will have distanced themselves by the merit of their deeds. They will have furthered the mission of the PGCA and will have promoted good will and fellowship among members and visitors at activities including the Forum, PGCA sanctioned events, PGCA displays, and PGCA 'headquarters' at shows and events. They will have given freely of their time in doing these deeds and will have presented a friendly face of the PGCA.

As a reminder, the tabulation of the nominations are taken over a previous rolling 3 year period. The PGCA will present 2 recipients with the award. Please take the time to submit some nominations for deserving individuals.

Nominations can be submitted by going to the homepage, clicking on the "Awards and Recognitions" tab on the left menu and navigating to the nomination form.

Please remember that current members of the PGCA Board of Directors are NOT eligible for the award. And I would also exclude myself from that as well being the Chair of the committee. PAST serving board members CAN be considered. Please also look at the list of the previous award recipients as they cannot be nominated again. Individuals can nominate as many members (once per year) as they want who they think are deserving.

I am going to set the deadline for accepting nominations for 2023 as Midnight Thursday August 301st. As the awards will be announced at the annual meeting the following week.

Dean Romig
05-15-2023, 04:28 PM
Thanks Brian for taking on the responsibilities of the DSA Program. It truly deserved to continue as there are so many deserving PGCA Members.

Brian Dudley
05-31-2023, 08:38 AM
Just a reminder of this announcement. Until the morning, I have not received any nominations.

Something else that I wanted to point out is that on the nomination form (on the homepage link) it is required to include your PGCA membership number with your nomination. This can be found with your original welcome packet, if you have it. If you are listed in the annual roster, it will be in there. Or worst case you can contact Mary Bowes and she can provide it to you.

Brian Dudley
06-16-2023, 03:32 PM
Here is another reminder to anyone who would like to nominate a fellow pgca member, that they feel has gone above and beyond in service to the organization, to please do so without delay.

Brian Dudley
07-20-2023, 11:50 AM
We are nearing a little more than a month away from the deadline for the DSA submissions. So far the number of nominations has been pretty dismal. Lets ramp it up.

Brian Dudley
08-28-2023, 11:43 AM
The deadline for 2023 nominations is this thursday the 31st at midnight.

Brian Dudley
09-10-2023, 08:53 PM
Congratulations to this years recipients, Mike McKinney and Craig Larter!

Dean Romig
09-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Congratulations Gents - a well deserved award for your dedication to the PGCA and its members and your kind deeds.

Randy G Roberts
09-10-2023, 09:14 PM
Two very deserving Gents. Thanks for your support and generosity fellas, well done :bowdown:

Mike Franzen
09-11-2023, 11:49 AM
Two deserving recipients! Thank you both and thanks to the nominating committee for their work.

Daryl Corona
09-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Mike and Craig. Two very deserving gentlemen. Congratulations.:bowdown:

Reggie Bishop
09-11-2023, 01:31 PM
Congratulations to two fine gentlemen.

Mike Koneski
09-11-2023, 02:24 PM
Mike and Craig, congratulations!! You guys deserve it.

Craig Larter
09-11-2023, 03:20 PM
Thanks so much for the prestigious award. I was totally surprised and speechless. I would like to thank Brian and all the PGCA members for the recognition The best part of the hobby is the friendship and people part of collecting and shooting these great guns. Contributing to the PGCA is a labor of love and I enjoy sharing my guns and passion with a great group of people. Thanks again I am honored by the award.

Dan Steingraber
09-11-2023, 06:04 PM
Although I'm relatively new to the group, I'm blessed that I can call these two fine men friends. Congratulations Mike and Craig!