PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHERN TENT DISPLAY 2023

Randy G Roberts
04-04-2023, 08:17 AM
The theme for the PGCA tent display at the Southern will be "VENTS, MONTES, & CHEEKS". Quite simply vent rib guns including SBT's, any Parker with a "Monte Carlo" stock and or a "Cheek Piece". If you have documentation to support the Monte or Cheek please bring a copy, if not bring the gun anyway for our members viewing pleasure. All PGCA members and even non-members are invited to display. I have created a display card that can be affixed to each gun. If you would be so kind as to drop me a line at randy@hsiagency.com or send me a PM with the info on your Parker I will prepare the card. It can be as simple as grade, gauge, DOM, etc., possibly a short comment and include your name or not. One thing I have noticed in the tent is that folks are continually inquiring as to "who owns that gun". If you do choose to put your name on the card my hope is that it will allow attendees to identify the owner and create some dialog with them thereby generating additional interest and certainly sharing the vast knowledge of the PGCA membership. Adding your name or not is your decision. Also feel free to bring any other Parker memorabilia along for display, all items welcomed with space permitting.

As in the past the PGCA will provide the tables, covers, and miscellaneous display items. We will do our best to be certain that no guns are left behind each evening but ultimately that responsibility will fall upon the owner. Looking forward to hearing from some of you with display guns and also to seeing some old friends again. See you all soon.:bigbye:

Dean Romig
04-04-2023, 09:46 AM
Hi Randy, will other Parkers be allowed on display without the features you mention?

Randy G Roberts
04-04-2023, 09:59 AM
Hi Randy, will other Parkers be allowed on display without the features you mention?

Absolutely Dean as long as space is permitting and I just cannot see that ever becoming an issue.

CraigThompson
04-04-2023, 10:12 AM
Mr. Roberts sir , does this mean a certain BH 10 gauge that has a cheek piece might be on display ?????

Randy G Roberts
04-04-2023, 10:15 AM
Mr. Roberts sir , does this mean a certain BH 10 gauge that has a cheek piece might be on display ?????

When it is not on the course. I figure you are going want to shoot something with it :)

CraigThompson
04-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Mr.Roberts sir do you still have the info on my VHE 12 vent rib trap I brought everywhere last year ? If so you may print a card for it as I値l have it along.

Randy G Roberts
04-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Mr.Roberts sir do you still have the info on my VHE 12 vent rib trap I brought everywhere last year ? If so you may print a card for it as I値l have it along.

Yes I do and thanks for being the first volunteer. Knock off the Mr. and Sir stuff please, people are gonna think I owe you money. Oh shoot, I do :eek:
See ya soon !

CraigThompson
04-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Yes I do and thanks for being the first volunteer. Knock off the Mr. and Sir stuff please, people are gonna think I owe you money. Oh shoot, I do :eek:
See ya soon !

I知 from the genteel south sir that stuffs ingrained in you :rotf:

CraigThompson
04-04-2023, 11:47 AM
When it is not on the course. I figure you are going want to shoot something with it :)

Well yes sir I壇 atleast like to throw it up to my shoulder a time or two . That guns fluid steel correct ?

Randy G Roberts
04-04-2023, 11:56 AM
Well yes sir I壇 atleast like to throw it up to my shoulder a time or two . That guns fluid steel correct ?

Yes it is.

Randy G Roberts
04-10-2023, 07:47 AM
Bringing this to the top Gents. As it stands now I have had exactly 2 responses. A little help please as we don't want those LC boys making us look bad :)

Craig Larter
04-13-2023, 05:29 AM
Just my opinion but I think much of the interest in shooting event table displays is waning. Chuck Bishop and I did the Parker display table at last year’s Vintage Cup. We had very very few people stop by and almost no one asked any questions or engaged us in dialog. A few PGCA members stopped by to say hello but few showed any interest in the display guns, they were there to chat. It takes much work and time to set up the display booth with very little benefit in my opinion. Most PGCA members attend shooting events to shoot and shop, not much interest in other members guns that are not being offered for sale. I think it would be better if the PGCA table would be used for members guns for sale.

Dean Romig
04-13-2023, 06:38 AM
Our agreement, as an organization, with Deep River is that their generosity to us is based on our not selling guns from our ‘display only’ tent location.

IMO we don’t necessarily set up our displays (and I did it with Larry, Dave Suponski, Chuck, Robin, and a few others for well over a decade, maybe 15 years) and we know very well what goes into it, but we set up mostly for the benefit of those who are to date uninformed about Parker guns and all things Parker - as well as a place to display the guns we are proud of. Those with an interest to learn will stop by I believe.

Randy G Roberts
04-13-2023, 07:08 AM
Correct Dean, Deep River would not allow the sale of guns or any other items that might pose a conflict with their vendors.

Randy G Roberts
04-17-2023, 08:01 AM
Bringing this back to the top folks. Responses have been very slow to date. We could certainly use a lot more guns. Remember that you can venture outside the theme and bring any Parker that you might like to display. Thanks to those of you that have responded, I am looking forward to hearing from a few more of you fine folks. The PGCA appreciates your support.

Dean Romig
04-17-2023, 08:16 AM
PM sent Randy -

Randy G Roberts
04-20-2023, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Folks. We still have room for your VR, Monte, or Cheek piece Parker or any other Parker you would like to share with us. Thanks in advance for your participation !!

CraigThompson
04-20-2023, 04:20 PM
Good Morning Folks. We still have room for your VR, Monte, or Cheek piece Parker or any other Parker you would like to share with us. Thanks in advance for your participation !!

I just sent you a text with several I知 bringing that you can make cards for if you wanna use them for display .

Randy G Roberts
04-20-2023, 04:28 PM
I just sent you a text with several I知 bringing that you can make cards for if you wanna use them for display .

Thank You Sir, your support is duly noted and much appreciated !

Michael Moffa
04-23-2023, 11:52 AM
Randy:

Would you like the Dentist's guns as written about in the TDJ article "An Unmatched Pair" in the fall of '21. I can also bring an Ilion CHE double trap that has a vent rib and beavertail.

Randy G Roberts
04-23-2023, 01:10 PM
Randy:

Would you like the Dentist's guns as written about in the TDJ article "An Unmatched Pair" in the fall of '21. I can also bring an Ilion CHE double trap that has a vent rib and beavertail.

Michael that would be fabulous. I'll send you a PM for a little more info for the cards soon.
Thanks much.

Randy G Roberts
04-23-2023, 06:33 PM
Randy:

Hi Michael:

Thanks for offering to display. If you could be so kind as to get me the following info for your guns I will make up the cards:
Grade-Gauge-Year of Mfg-Frame Size-Barrel Length
There is room for a short blurb on the card if there's anything you would like me to add. Bring a copy of the article if you like.

Thanks again and see ya soon !!
Best, Randy

Michael Moffa
04-23-2023, 08:47 PM
Rondels: 4,12,1903-04,2,30

Double Trap: 4,12,1940-41,2,32 w/BTFE, VR, SST, Straight Stock.

Randy G Roberts
05-01-2023, 03:12 PM
As told to me by many folks we had a wonderful display of guns at the Southern that included a broad range of options, grades, and provenance. I suppose we can refer to the "Babe Ruth", (yes that is correct, Ole George Herman himself) gun as having provenance. Many thanks to the folks who participated in the display and the never ending list of individuals willing to offer their time and assistance with setting up and tearing down. The PGCA appreciates your support and I can assure you that I most certainly am grateful for your help.

Sorry but no pictures at this time as the Editors of Parker Pages have plans. I have been threatened with bodily harm previously when posting pictures in advance of them appearing in Parker Pages. Lesson learned :rotf:

Thanks again everyone :bowdown: