PDA

View Full Version : Parker 28 ga.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I looked at a DHE Parker repro 28 Ga. Full and Improved new in the box with leather case inside of canvas slip cover inside of original cardboard two piece box with accessories and in my haste I forgot to measure the barrels. The Ser. no is 28-00208 could someone tell me the length and what would be the value. The person that inherited the gun said it was never shot but the cleaning rod cotton end looked like it had been used to clean the gun maybe once. She stated that he would take it out once in awhile and clean and put it away. If it has been shot verses not shot what is the differance in value. Thomas L. Benson Sr.

Dean Romig
02-28-2011, 05:51 AM
There are no records, that I'm aware of, that record the Parker Repros with their configurations... maybe somebody knows otherwise and will come forward and tell us.

Whether fired or not fired, as long as the gun is in "as new" condition the value of a Parker Repro won't be affected much... IMHO

Bob Jurewicz
02-28-2011, 06:10 AM
If the chokes are marked Mod and Full it most likely has 28" barrels, IC/M would ne 26".
Bob Jurewicz

Bill Murphy
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
The "full and improved" you describe is not a standard choke combination for a Repro. The best way to determine the length of the barrels is to measure them. A 28" gun will be worth at least $1000 more than a 26" gun. New or fired a time or two means nothing in value for these guns as long as they are undamaged. Double triggers may add several hundred or a thousand dollars to the value also. To get an estimate of value, the complete configuration of the gun must be known, grip type, trigger type, barrel length, forend style, wood quality. A picture will tell all.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Dean-Bob-Bill: Thanks for the reply. The gun has english style stock,single trigger,high grade wood,28inch barrels and have not determined fore end wood. will have to find that out. what would a fair price be for this gun. Thanks Thomas L. Benson Sr..

Bill Murphy
02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
English stock and 28" barrels are very important pluses. I am not up on prices in this depressed market, but 4000 to 5000 would be a range. A few have sold under 4000 lately but they sell very quickly. Dean and Bob know recent prices as well as any of us. If the gun actually has "full and improved" factory original markings for chokes, add $400 to the value for rarity of a special order feature.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Dean-Bob-Bill: Thanks for the reply. The gun has english style stock,single trigger,high grade wood,28inch barrels and have not determined fore end wood. will have to find that out. what would a fair price be for this gun. Thanks Thomas L. Benson Sr..

Dean Romig
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
In my opinion, based of what I've seen for sale and selling, in the range of $4200 - $4800 unless it has killer wood and a BTFE, which might elevate the value a bit but the single trigger is a detractor of value.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Dean: I just don't see the 4000 to 5000 value. I would rather buy 5 1000 dollar original parkers. I do realize that they won;t be 28 ga. I did buy a nice hammer gun 12 ga. that i need to post pictures of and get your comments. thanks Thomas L. Benson Sr.

Dave Suponski
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I bought my 28 gauge Parke Repro 26" barrels Q1 Q2 choked with pistol grip, splinter and single trigger with case and canvas cover and snap caps two years ago this month.I paid $4,250.00 and I think I paid a decent price.The gun had 75 shells run through it prior to my buying it. These are great guns.

Dean Romig
02-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Dean: I just don't see the 4000 to 5000 value. I would rather buy 5 1000 dollar original parkers. I do realize that they won;t be 28 ga.

I believe the value of a DHE 28 ga. Parker Repro can be easily justified when compared to the $30K-plus value of an original DHE 28 ga. in similar configuration and condition.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Dean: I believe you are correct when you compare the two. I like to be in my guns closer to wholesale instead of retail. I will pass on this one and not lose sleep. Thanks for your comments. Thomas L. Benson Sr.

Kenny Graft
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
A nice single trigger 20 SG-SF with 26" barrels just sold at 3200.00 on gun broker a few days back. 28-s go 800-1000.00 more than do 20-s, fewer 28 ga. guns were mnf. aprox 3500 and Im betting way less are still availible in USA some lost, some exported, some did just not get made as reported.....I just perchased from guns intl. a 12ga repro 28" M/F, DT-PG-SF for 3995.00 This is a scarce gun! that was a very good price, only the 2nd double trigger long barrels pistol grip gun to be availible for several years on the net!....I look all the time! thanks to Greg...he gave me the heads up it was for sale friday afternoon, right her on this sight. Two other buyes were right behind me....no time to spare! Its paid for and on the way....... I predict the repro guns to continue up in price...more demand, less availability, steel shot will be manditory one day and the repro's are steel shot ready with chrome lined bores. Just some hi quality modern guns to be proud of! thanks all SXS ohio...(-:

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Kenny: I think you make some good points as supply and demand, steel shot ready, and good quality. why is a double trigger worth more than single and what does it cost to have them converted. Thomas L. Benson Sr.

Dean Romig
02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Contact Keith Kearcher on the price of his conversions.

Bill Murphy
02-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Thomas, we were just estimating what the going price is. If you like to pay wholesale, go for it. We like to pay wholesale also.

Kenny Graft
02-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Double trigger repro's are in demand...not sure of all the reasons? Some feel they are problematic, and are know to have more troubles than double triggers. This trouble is mostly due to old dried oil, dert or debris and need of good cleaning. I want double triggers couse Im a hunter, they are the fastest selector switch made and are way less fussy or prone to issues. The selector switch on repro's are so stiff and small...one must be so intentional to move it, could not be done with gloves on in cold weather. So we see less DT guns for sale and they sell when listed. There is a good bunch of info in a prevois thread under repro's about trigger conversions. A second trigger can be properly added, will increase lenth of pull about 1/2"....and cost a few hudred bucks....see the earlier thread...thanks SXS ohio...

Dean Romig
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Hmmm... seems I've paid retail for all of mine - but, in time what I paid will seem more like wholesale (I hope).

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
02-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Dean: Some of us may not have that much time.

Dean Romig
02-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Ha! I'm on borrowed time as it is :whistle:

Bill Murphy
03-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Actually, Thomas, in this depressed market, we're almost down to 1984 retail right now. If there weren't so many nice old guns for sale right now, I might buy another Repro.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Bill: I talked to quite afew people at the gun show this past weekend and would say most prices are dropping but the high end seem to be holding there own here. Alot of winchesters,colts and even marlins are going up in value. Thomas L. Benson Sr.

Dean Romig
03-01-2011, 08:07 PM
This country's economy is based on the US dollar, not Parkers, Winchesters, Colts, Marlins or any other well-made American firearm. Consequently, it is my opinion that as the dollar decends in value items of real value should continue to increase in value in direct relation to the poorer buying power of the US dollar.

Does anybody agree?

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Dean: I think you are correct. I would also add that ammunition is quite expensive right now. We sold alot and one of my friends that deals strickly in ammo had one of the best shows in months. Thomas L. Benson Sr.