PDA

View Full Version : PGCA Membership

John Dunkle
02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Tom Wooden and I would like to take a moment and welcome the newest member of the PGCA staff aboard – Mary Bowes (http://parkerguns.org/forums/member.php?u=2816). Mary has been chartered by the PGCA Board of Directors to assume the PGCA Membership responsibilities and has recently taken over from the capable hand of Jennifer Bullins.

In short, Mary lives locally – has a sharp wit and keen sense of humor (I guess she would have to, to deal with Tom and myself???!!). She is already familiar with the PGCA Forum, and is quite adept at posting, e-mailing and private messaging – so if you see her post as “PGCA Membership”, please take a moment and welcome her aboard. For PGCA Members, she is now and will be going forward, along with Tom, your primary contact persons for new memberships, renewals and any membership questions.

Mary – thank you and welcome aboard!

I’d also like to take a moment to recognize and thank Jennifer Bullins for her exemplary efforts through the years as the previous Membership staff. I, along with many, hold Jennifer in high regards for doing a task that not many would – or could – ever do with such grace. Jennifer, simply – thank you.

From my end of the telescope, I would also like to thank the PGCA BOD for their incredible support of the Membership role. Without “those guys” on the BOD, “we guys” who just “do whatever it is we do” wouldn’t have much of anything to do at all. Thanks guys..!

So, please take a moment and welcome Mary Bowes aboard.. I’ll post her contact info in a moment, so if you have any Membership questions, you may reach her directly…

And as well – in that same moment, for those who have been assisted by Jennifer – please take a minute as well to send her a note just to say “Thank You” for her incredible support of this organization through the past years… We could have not done it without her.

My Thanks for reading,
John

Mary Bowes
02-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Thank you, John, for the nice welcome. I look forward to working with you and all the members of the PGCA.

Mary

Dave Suponski
02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Mary, Let me be the first to welcome you to our staff! From what John has posted I think you will be a wonderful addition. If there is anything I can do to help you...just ask.....:)

Bruce Day
02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I've been around since the early days, former board member, ditto on the help for me. Welcome aboard.

Mary Bowes
02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Mary, Let me be the first to welcome you to our staff! From what John has posted I think you will be a wonderful addition. If there is anything I can do to help you...just ask.....:)

Thank you very much for your support, Dave.

Mary

Mary Bowes
02-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I've been around since the early days, former board member, ditto on the help for me. Welcome aboard.

Thank you very much, Bruce.

Mary

Tom Carter
02-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome aboard Miss Mary. I'm also available for any assistance you may need. Tom

Jean Swanson
02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Well Mary ---WELCOME to the PGCA----I am sure you will find your new responsibliities challenging at times, but rewarding from the support that you will receive for a job WELL DONE !!!! Your friend and supporter from Vermont, Allan

Dean Romig
02-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Mary It's a pleasure to meet you through that very nice introduction from John. I'm sure you will do a fine job and I know you'll be treated warmly and with the respect due a family member, 'cause, like it oe not, that's exactly what you now are - a member of the PGCA 'Family'. And, like others have said before me, if I can be of assistance in any way... just ask.

Best Regards, Dean

james van blaricum
02-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Mary, Welcome aboard. I am sure your life will never be the same. This is great group of
fellows

Mary Bowes
02-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Welcome aboard Miss Mary. I'm also available for any assistance you may need. Tom

Thank you, Tom. I look forward to working with you.

Mary

Mary Bowes
02-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Well Mary ---WELCOME to the PGCA----I am sure you will find your new responsibliities challenging at times, but rewarding from the support that you will receive for a job WELL DONE !!!! Your friend and supporter from Vermont, Allan

Thank you very much for everything, Allan. I'll do my best to live up to your recommendation.

Mary

Mary Bowes
02-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi Mary It's a pleasure to meet you through that very nice introduction from John. I'm sure you will do a fine job and I know you'll be treated warmly and with the respect due a family member, 'cause, like it oe not, that's exactly what you now are - a member of the PGCA 'Family'. And, like others have said before me, if I can be of assistance in any way... just ask.

Best Regards, Dean

Thank you very much, Dean.

Mary

Mary Bowes
02-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Mary, Welcome aboard. I am sure your life will never be the same. This is great group of
fellows

Thanks, James. I am already feeling that this is a great group.

Mary

Bruce Day
02-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Mary, if you shoot and don't have a little small bore Parker, I'm sure John Dunkle will be glad to loan you one of his for an extended period.

Robin Lewis
02-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Question, is the contact information for membership printed in Parker Pages or on our web page effected? I currently is:

PGCA Membership
P.O. Box 115
Mayodan, NC. 27027
(336) 280-4414
pgcamembership@gmail.com

Mary Bowes
02-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Question, is the contact information for membership printed in Parker Pages or on our web page effected? I currently is:

PGCA Membership
P.O. Box 115
Mayodan, NC. 27027
(336) 280-4414
pgcamembership@gmail.com

Hi Robin,

If I understand your question correctly, I think the answer is yes. John Dunkle can probably answer better than I can. Membership info will be sent to me here in Maine. I know we will be changing the address on the brochure and it will probably have to be changed other places as well.

Mary

Richard Flanders
02-26-2011, 02:45 PM
And Mary....we're all assuming you know to not ever "loan" a gun to Dunkle???:p

Mary Bowes
02-26-2011, 04:32 PM
And Mary....we're all assuming you know to not ever "loan" a gun to Dunkle???:p

Don't worry, Richard. I probably shouldn't admit it now that I am part of your group, but I don't have a Parker Gun. The closest things I have are squirt guns and cap guns belonging to the children in my extended family and kept here in my house for when they visit...and I don't think John would be interested in a loan of one of those!

Mary

John Dunkle
02-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Question, is the contact information for membership printed in Parker Pages or on our web page effected?

Hi Robin!

Actually - I could use your help with that..! In the current Membership PDF and other places on the site - if you can change the old address to:

Mary Bowes
PGCA Membership
477 Ocean Avenue
Wells, Maine 04090

I would REALLY appreciate it..!!! I'll take care of the changes in all the website posts (previous Membership posts, Doubles, etc..).. Many thanks!!

Don't worry, Richard. ... The closest things I have are squirt guns and cap guns...
Mary

Those might work, based on the way I shoot..??? Would you please post some pictures ASAP????

:shock:

:rotf:

Mary - seriously, I've said it before - and I'll say it again....

THANK YOU!!!! Just so the rest know, Mary and I have traded dozens of e-mails and phone chats over the past few days, and I know she has reached out to many of you over the past few days to get your Membership squared away... If you have any questions, you can PM or send her an e-mail through the Forum...

Mary - again - thank you!

John

John Dunkle
02-27-2011, 02:14 PM
And Mary....we're all assuming you know to not ever "loan" a gun to Dunkle???:p "Et tu, Brute"????

:crying:

JD

Robin Lewis
02-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok, John

Is the pgcamembership@gmail.com changing too?

John Dunkle
02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi Robin!

Many thanks!! As well, the e-mail will stay the same for now, OK?

John

Tom Wooden
02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
John D. and I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours on Friday with Mary reviewing the online and various other membership processes. Mary was a pure joy to work with and very knowledgable, I am sure she will do a fantastic job in supporting the PGCA membership activities. I look forward to working with her in the future.
As John stated in his posts the PGCA Membership address will change but the email will remain the same (pgcamembership@gmail.com).

I would also like to thank Jennifer Bullins for her many years of supporting the PGCA membership activities. Her support has allowed us to launch a number of special membership offerings such as the Doubles Pin and membership emails.

Mary - Welcome aboard and I look forward to working with you!