PDA

View Full Version : Custom Turkey Calls?

Tom Roller
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Obviously a little off-topic........didn't seem to fit in any other board?

Anyone have any recommendations for custom makers of turkey box-calls? I Want to get some special, and personalized, for my Pops.

Good wood and good craftsmanship are what I am looking for. If you dont want to post here, feel free to PM any references.

Bruce Day
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
www.charliescustomcalls.com (http://www.charliescustomcalls.com)

a local fellow

top call is butternut, bottom call is spalted sycamore

He has made them for me as gifts for others and personalized them.

John Dallas
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Google "Custom Turkey Calls" Many, many hits

Carl Beers
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
One of the top box call makers in the country is Steve Mann in Greenwood, SC. His number is 864-227-8430. As a young man Steve worked for the now famous but deceased Neil Cost who made outstanding box calls. Steve applies the skills he learned from Neil and makes some of the finest calls available. I've ordered a good many of his calls over the years and used them as client gifts on corporate turkey hunts. I wouldn't think of going to the woods without a Steve Mann box call in my vest. His calls are in such demand that often times there is quite a waiting period. I wouldn't delay calling. His shop is a joy to visit and Steve is just a great guy to talk with. Also as of the top callers in the U.S., he is often called to guide for people such as Davis Love and other such celebrities who enjoy the outdoors and turkey hunting.....Hope this information is helpful......Carl Beers

Tom Roller
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the references!

BIg D - that's why I'm asking. Too many hits online and too many are alike.

John Dallas
02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Hopefully, Kurt Densmore will ring in on this. He makes wonderful duck, goose and deer grunt calls. I suspect he's got some leads on good turkey calls

Wes Stueber
02-24-2011, 11:50 PM
TNR,

Don Bald is one of the best, from Lebanon, IL. I have one of his and he makes them from simple to superb! It may be a bit late now for the spring season to have him make you a special one?
Let me know if you want any more information. Best of luck!:usa:
Wes