PDA

View Full Version : Hershel Chadick

Bruce Day
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, he is 72, in great health and still buying and selling guns. I called and before I knew it a half hour had passed and it was great to hear Herschel, like old times in the Parker business. His wife is still in good health, they are still on Ninth Street in Terrell TX after selling the corner bank building about 5 years ago. Tom Chapman inherited money and doesn't need to do any gunsmithing but does sometimes for Herschel.

Some of the finest Parkers passed through Herschel. I bought one gun from him and it was more than advertised and gained in value.

So yes, as David asked, Herschel is still alive and kicking, talking to him was like turning back the clock ten years, and Herschel has my order. He says he thanks God for the opportunity to wake up every morning, buy and sell a few Parkers and live in east Texas.

Herschel at 972 5637577

Bill Murphy
02-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Herschel.

Greg Baehman
02-18-2011, 10:09 PM
And we see Chadick and Chaddick, wonder how he spells it?

Bruce Day
02-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Chadick

I misspelled Herschel. Mea culpa. I am unable to correct the misspelling in the title.

todd allen
02-19-2011, 11:28 AM
One of my favorites: gage - guage - gauge

George Lander
02-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Bruce: Not that it matters but it was I who asked the question about Herschel.

Best Regards, George

Russ Jackson
02-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello Bruce ,I don't think most here care how you spell Mr. Chadicks name , Just wanted to say Thank You for posting ! I also was wondering if he was still in business and hoped that he was doing well ! I have never purchased a gun from him although we discussed a few over the years and he has in fact purchased a few LC Smiths from me quite a few years ago ! A very knowledgeable Gentleman and a fair buyers of Firearms ! I Wish him and his Family well ! Russ

Dee Durham
02-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes, he is 72, in great health and still buying and selling guns. I called and before I knew it a half hour had passed and it was great to hear Herschel, like old times in the Parker business. His wife is still in good health, they are still on Ninth Street in Terrell TX after selling the corner bank building about 5 years ago. Tom Chapman inherited money and doesn't need to do any gunsmithing but does sometimes for Herschel.

Some of the finest Parkers passed through Herschel. I bought one gun from him and it was more than advertised and gained in value.

So yes, as David asked, Herschel is still alive and kicking, talking to him was like turning back the clock ten years, and Herschel has my order. He says he thanks God for the opportunity to wake up every morning, buy and sell a few Parkers and live in east Texas.

Herschel at 972 5637577

Bruce, I called Mr. Chadick and left a message. Hopefully I will get a call soon and see where this Old Parker takes me! Thanks for posting this. I appreciate it!