PDA

View Full Version : SAVE THE DATES - PGCA Annual Meeting

Josh Loewensteiner
02-18-2011, 10:57 AM
The PGCA Annual meeting will be held in Louisville, KY the weekend of 9/9/2011-09/11/2011.

Please plan on joining us for the annual meeting, the banquet, and the gun show which is going to be held in conjunction with the Louisville Gun Show.

Eric Eis
02-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Josh, are we going to have display tables at the show like last time both PGCA tables and individual display tables like last time? Eric

Josh Loewensteiner
02-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Eric,

Thanks for your note- "yes" I have made arrangements for about 15 tables for PGCA members to display (and sell) Parker guns at the Louisville Gun show. I will have full detail on this next week (after the Louisville gun show this coming weekend).

The form to purchase tables will likely be mailed in the Summer Parker Pages.

Josh Loewensteiner
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Jent- the Banquet will be the evening of 09/10/2011 at the beautiful Frazier Museum in Louisville KY. More information on this will be in the Parker Pages as well as on the website here.

I would like to suggest to you that since you have such a strong interest in seeing a shooting event at the annual meeting this year, you would do well at organizing one for Friday 09/09/2011. Please contact me on PM and we will work together on adding this to the program.

Bruce Day
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Hello Joshua Loewensteiner, Will there be an "official" PGCA Shotgun Shooting Event in or near Louisville on Saturday, September 10th or Sunday, September 11th of 2011 ???? Will there be a PGCA Group Dinner on Saturday night the 10th of September ?? Good Shooting To You All, Jent ----- jentpmitchell@msn.com

When we had the PGCA meeting at Louisville last time, I was the event chairman and raised the issue of having a shooting event at a local gun club on Friday morning. Brad Steinfeld, who lives in Louisville, would help make those arrangements. When I posted the matter on the forum, we had very little interest from attendees, and we dropped it. Over and over I was told that members came to buy and sell guns and not shoot, and Friday was a particularly good gunshow day. People were not willing to come early on Thursday either for a shooting event.
So, I understand you are putting the shooting together and I wish you the best, maybe you'll do better at getting it going than we did.

Brad Steinfeld
02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Jent,Josh,Etc.

Yes I'm Lurking!

Regretfully some personal issues did not allow me to help Josh put together some of the meeting logistics here so
I would be pleased to organize a shoot around the Louisville show if there is interest.

The closest clays course is about 45 minutes from Louisville. There is a superb course that's 90 minutes away.

If you wish me to pursue something just let me know.

Brad Steinfeld

Bruce Day
02-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Jent, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but suggest you get commitments from shooters before you get too far into it. Last time there we didn't get the interest.

Dave Suponski
02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I would think there would be more interest if the event was on Thursday or Friday. Sunday will be a travel day for many folks.

Eric Eis
02-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I think either Thursday or Sat afternoon would be good days. Friday is setup and getting first look at the show and as Dave said Sun is a breakdown and travel day. Eric

Josh Loewensteiner
02-28-2011, 09:15 AM
All-

The PGCA banquet will be at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum this year.

www.fraziermuseum.org

This is a beautiful Arms museum. The banquet will be on Saturday 09/10/2011 in the evening.

Tickets for the banquet will be $65 per person until 7/15/2011. I will post full details on the banquet in the next several days.

Robin Lewis
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
FYI -- Information on the 2011 PGCA Annual Meeting has been posted on the "Events" web page.

Josh Loewensteiner
03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks, Robin. Banquet tickets will go on sale in the next couple of weeks.

The hotel will start accepting reservations on Tuesday 3/15/2011 for the Parker Gun Collectors Association special room rate of $89.

Dean Romig
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't find it there Robin. Please post a link here to that page.

Dean

Eric Eis
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks, Robin. Banquet tickets will go on sale in the next couple of weeks.

The hotel will start accepting reservations on Tuesday 3/15/2011 for the Parker Gun Collectors Association special room rate of $89.

Josh did I miss what hotel? Thanks Eric

Josh Loewensteiner
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
The PGCA will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Here is the contact info:

2735 Crittenden Drive
Louisville, KY 40209
(502) 637-2424

It's right at the Fairgrounds and very easy to get to and from the gunshow.

PLEASE NOTE- The room block will not be ready for reservations until Tuesday of next week. You will need to mention the "Parker Gun Collectors Association" to get our group rate of $89 per night.

Robin Lewis
03-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't find it there Robin. Please post a link here to that page.

Dean
I see it? Are you still having trouble?

Dean Romig
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I see it now. I didn't realize I had to back out to the Home Page and click on the Events tab at the left. I practically never enter the PGCA Forum from the Home Page so I have not made myself as aquainted with it as I probably should have.

Josh Loewensteiner
03-16-2011, 06:40 AM
I've just confirmed that our block is now open and ready to start taking rooms. There was some confusion with the hotel in that they were asking folks to call me to make reservations for rooms. This is not the case. To make your room reservations, please call the hotel directly at (502) 637-2424.

Tom Carter
03-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Could we please consolidate all the information on the Annual Meeting and post it on the Events Page? Thank you, Tom

Robin Lewis
03-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Could we please consolidate all the information on the Annual Meeting and post it on the Events Page? Thank you, Tom

Tom,

I think it is all listed on the Events page but if you see something wrong I will be quick to fix it.

I just looked it over and I think it is all there? Let me know.

Robin

Tom Carter
03-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Robin, I don't doubt all the information is somewhere on the forum. I am asking that a HEADING of 2011 ANNUAL Meeting be listed under EVENTS and all the information pertaining to the Annual Meeting be consolidated under one heading. Visitors to the Forum should not have to hunt and dig for information. I beleive it should be readily and easily available. Thanks, Tom

David Dwyer
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Jent
I will shoot whenever it is scheduled, but agree Sat afternoon would be best, Many members get up Sun.,have a quick breakfast and head home. I think you will have a good response. If you do it Sunday, I will also go shoot a round Sat. afternoon, if anyone other that Mark Conrad wants to join me.
David:whistle:

Robin Lewis
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi Robin, I don't doubt all the information is somewhere on the forum. I am asking that a HEADING of 2011 ANNUAL Meeting be listed under EVENTS and all the information pertaining to the Annual Meeting be consolidated under one heading. Visitors to the Forum should not have to hunt and dig for information. I believe it should be readily and easily available. Thanks, Tom

I see, you are referring to the forum, I thought you were speaking of the Events web page.

I have it all on the web page found at the main http://parkerguns.org/ and then going off that to the Events link. You should check it out. I know a lot of people only read the forum but I do try to keep our information up to date and as accurate as I can on "the other" PGCA pages. Looking at the page counter, I see about 200 views of the Events page in the last week or so. That is why I was wondering what you found wrong there, so I could adjust it.

Bill Murphy
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I will not leave a Louisville gun show to shoot. It is hard enough to see everything in three days without taking a day off to shoot. Jent is very generous to suggest a shooting event, but most of us are there to hang around the PGCA tables and roam the show.

Eric Eis
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I will not leave a Louisville gun show to shoot. It is hard enough to see everything in three days without taking a day off to shoot. Jent is very generous to suggest a shooting event, but most of us are there to hang around the PGCA tables and roam the show.

I agree Bill, but if there was an offer to shoot fairly close to the show, in the late afternoon early evening on Sat (I know the dinner) then I think maybe it could work. Other then that, no I don't think so because if I am displaying, set up is Friday and of course walking the show as it is setup (possible deals) and then Sunday one last walk of the show and then saying good byes and packing up and heading home. Just my 2 cents. Eric

Tom Carter
03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Robin, I checked the main events page and found everything. It was the forum events page I was talking about. The forum is normally the only place I go. I don't think I even knew there is a second events page. Thanks, Tom