PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHERN TENT-TABLE DISPLAY

Randy G Roberts
03-23-2022, 02:56 PM
After much discussion between Jim Hall and myself we have settled on a display theme for this years extravaganza. As the 8 gauge aficionados were able to put together a good showing at the Northern last year we wanted to try and generate some additional interest in the big guns and keep that ball rolling. On the opposite end of the spectrum would be the little guns (410's & 28's), we decided to include them as well to add a little contrast to the landscape. As a result this years theme is now official and so dubbed "HIPPOS AND HUMMINGBIRDS". Please consider this your formal invitation to bring out your Parker "Big 8's" and the dainty little 410's and 28's. If you have something to bring please reply via the forum or shoot me a PM please. As always we will be in the back in the Parker-LCS tent. The tables and gun racks will be provided and ready for your use. The PGCA appreciates your support. Looking forward to seeing everyone !

Matthew Hanson
03-24-2022, 09:14 AM
I'm bringing my WIDE eyes and a napkin to wipe the drooling from my mouth! This is going to be a good table!! Thanks Randy and Jim.

Chuck Bishop
03-24-2022, 10:01 AM
I'll have my GH 28ga.

Stan Hoover
03-24-2022, 10:42 AM
I will have my 7 frame 8 gauge lifter there when I'm not shooting it:)

This would be a P Grade, unfortunately not in high condition, but original.

It is heavy, so I guess you could call it a Hippo

Mills Morrison
03-24-2022, 10:59 AM
I'll bring my GH 8

Dean Romig
03-24-2022, 11:35 AM
I will have my 7 frame 8 gauge lifter there when I'm not shooting it:)
This would be a P Grade, unfortunately not in high condition, but original.

It is heavy, so I guess you could call it a Hippo

Hippo Slayer. :whistle:

CraigThompson
03-24-2022, 01:04 PM
I'll bring my GH 8

Bring enough shells so you can shoot The Larter Invitational on Friday :whistle:

Craig Larter
03-24-2022, 02:05 PM
I spoke with Rick Hemmingway and he will block out time on the practice 5 stand at 10AM Friday for the 8ga shooters. I will get a post out on the the Parker, Smith and Lefever forums. This will be BIG! 30 targets

CraigThompson
03-24-2022, 02:15 PM
I spoke with Rick Hemmingway and he will block out time on the practice 5 stand at 10AM Friday for the 8ga shooters. I will get a post out on the the Parker, Smith and Lefever forums. This will be BIG! 30 targets

Excellent !

Mills Morrison
03-24-2022, 03:29 PM
Last year I shot the Smith Parker qualifying round with mine and that was about as fun as shooting a turkey with it.

CraigThompson
03-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Last year I shot the Smith Parker qualifying round with mine and that was about as fun as shooting a turkey with it.

Oughtta curiosity at what range did you lay the smack down on the Turkey ? Might have to see if we can’t get you hooked up with some buckshot loads so you can do the same to one of those brown cloven hooved rats 🦌!

Mills Morrison
03-24-2022, 06:39 PM
It wasn't anything crazy. 40 yards, probably. And yes, I would love to get some buckshot for it

Randy G Roberts
04-06-2022, 07:57 AM
Brining this back to the top Gents. So far we have several folks with Hippo guns but we are lacking in the Hummingbird arena. C'mon now I know some of you fellas have the little guns hidden away. How about bringing them out for everyone to see please ? Shoot me a PM if you have one to bring, pun intended.

CraigThompson
04-06-2022, 08:02 AM
Brining this back to the top Gents. So far we have several folks with Hippo guns but we are lacking in the Hummingbird arena. C'mon now I know some of you fellas have the little guns hidden away. How about bringing them out for everyone to see please ? Shoot me a PM if you have one to bring, pun intended.

I’ll have my utilitarian 28 there and most likely a 410 although that ones an IJ .

Matthew Hanson
04-06-2022, 11:21 AM
I have never seen a Parker 28 gauge nor an 8 gauge. I am coming to my very first Southern this year and would really like to see something I have never seen before. I do hope the Hippos and Hummingbirds bring me so goodies to look at!! Thanks to all who do!

P.S. Please buy some raffle tickets form me too ;)

Daryl Corona
04-06-2022, 05:18 PM
I have one or two 28's I could display if you need more hummers.

Randy G Roberts
04-06-2022, 05:24 PM

Daryl that would be most appreciated. Thanks 👍

CraigThompson
04-06-2022, 05:41 PM

When it’s time to leave , if your cars overloaded I'd be willing to take the heaviest 28 you have home for you just to make it a safer trip for you :whistle::rotf:

Daryl Corona
04-06-2022, 05:54 PM
When it’s time to leave , if your cars overloaded I'd be willing to take the heaviest 28 you have home for you just to make it a safer trip for you :whistle::rotf:

They both will be padlocked with a bicycle type lock to the rack and the table. I know what you are after so I have to make it tough for you to abscond with them. You're welcome to shoot them though but only if I'm with you.:cool::)

CraigThompson
04-06-2022, 07:35 PM
They both will be padlocked with a bicycle type lock to the rack and the table. I know what you are after so I have to make it tough for you to abscond with them. You're welcome to shoot them though but only if I'm with you.:cool::)

Understood and I appreciate the offer ! Might take you up on it , I’d like to try the long one on the course .

Victor Wasylyna
04-06-2022, 09:13 PM
Randy:

I’m bringing my .410 Parker. Not sure it’s worthy of display, but I’d be happy to do so.

-Victor

Victor Wasylyna
04-06-2022, 09:17 PM
Also, I’ll bring extra boxes of .410 shells to share, if anyone is hesitant to bring their hummingbird for lack of ammunition. PM me if .410 ammo will motivate you to add to Randy’s display.

-Victor

Dean Romig
04-06-2022, 11:16 PM
I saved this photo from the forum here several months ago but thought it appropriate for this thread... the ultimate hummingbird gun!

Dan Steingraber
04-07-2022, 05:34 AM
It looks like I’ve freed myself up enough to make it down for a couple days at least. My first event and I’m looking forward to it. I plan to have a 28 along.

Randy G Roberts
04-07-2022, 06:26 AM
Randy:

I’m bringing my .410 Parker. Not sure it’s worthy of display, but I’d be happy to do so.

-Victor

Glad to have it Victor, thanks !

Randy G Roberts
04-07-2022, 06:35 AM
I saved this photo from the forum here several months ago but thought it appropriate for this thread... the ultimate hummingbird gun!

Whew, that's appropriate for any thread Dean.