PDA

View Full Version : Serial # look up please

Mark Parela
02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Greetings,

A buddy of mine stoped by a gunshop and came accross a gun that I might be interested in. I am just a sucker for single triggers, beaver tails and vent ribs. 235900 I was thinking it might make a nice pigeon gun.
Thanks

Robert Rambler
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
12ga VH, single trigger,Ejectors,Pistol grip,Large forearm, Vent rib, 30in barrels.

Mark Parela
02-15-2011, 10:03 PM
No vent rib from the factory??

E Robert Fabian
02-15-2011, 10:04 PM
It's listed as a VHE , 12 ga. 30" tubes, cap pistol grip #24 for extras... ejectors, single trigger, beaver tail and vent rib. Sounds like a nice one.
Bob

Mark Parela
02-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks Hammer and Lab. It will be a wrap by noon tomorrow. I have always admired the Parkers at the pigeon shoots but just haven't found one with all the fixings. The beavertail, single trigger and rib just sealed the deal. I just hope my 21's don't get upset with a friend in the safe. I am stoked.

E Robert Fabian
02-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Mark, does it have a pad or skeleton butt ?

Mark Parela
02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Pad was added.

Destry L. Hoffard
02-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Another pigeon shooter on the forum, always good to see.

Destry

Mark Parela
02-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Pigeon shooting is one of those games that gets in your blood and you bleed it. Things have changed since the first shoot I went to was well over 25 years ago. I was just out of college, money was funny and change was strange. I admired all the racks of guns, but it was the SxS's I loved the most.
At one shoot there was a guy Jimmy Pigeon he had an old Parker, vent rib, Miller trigger, beavertail forend. The stock was checker well and the action engraved, I really loved to look at that gun.

The 21's always it did it for me also, and that was the route I took. My main stay also has been a Browning BSS 30" F/F that gun just loved Winchester Super Pigeon loads.

Now there's a new bad boy in the quiver that I have waited a long time to take the plunge.

Mark Parela
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Here she is.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/boxbirder/Parker/pix6984303771.jpg

David Holes
02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
You got to love those vent rib guns.

Bill Murphy
02-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Boxbirder, where was that pigeon shoot that you attended 25 years ago and saw a Miller trigger Parker on the rack? My Miller trigger Parker pigeon gun is my go to gun for everything, but especially pigeons. I actually bought the gun for pigeons but found it a great general purpose gun because it has two sets of barrels.

Mark Parela
02-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Greetings Bill,

The first time I saw that Parker was out in Strausstown, Pikeville, I believe also Valley Forge. You know how pigeon shooters are some like to talk while others just stay focused. The first 21 I ever shot was a lawyers by the name of Joe. He always sported a wool shooting sweater in the colder months. I believe his was a Grand American. I had asked Jimmy Pigeon if I could shoot his Parker and he declined. Later on the Lenick brothers let me shoot there 21's and that is what I strived for.
Months later John Terelli explained that I should shoot an O\U but I just never totally liked them or the looks.

After shooting pigeons all over the US and Europe you see all kinds of guns, each area has there favored guns. 2 years ago down in Mexico many like the Beretta 391.