PDA

View Full Version : Kip Wood Gunstocks

John Nagel
02-16-2022, 01:52 PM
Hi guys, I am in Northern Michigan and have been hearing a lot lately about Kip Wood. I have two guns I am looking to restock and I am considering going down to his shop to check things out but I wanted to ask if anyone here has had a Parker restocked by him and how they liked it.

Also, i've searched and seen past threads that said he is retiring but I did speak with him recently and that is not the case.

Greg Baehman
02-17-2022, 09:46 AM
If you've done a search here for Kip Wood you undoubtedly know that he built the stock for Rich Anderson's "Gunner's Gun". I know Rich had him restock this Parker as well as several rifles for him. I have a friend who has had a couple of Foxes stocked by Kip and has another Fox being restocked with Kip right now.
Here's a link to Rich's initial thread on Gunner's Gun:
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7780&highlight=Gunner%27s

Chris Robenalt
02-21-2022, 10:24 AM
John, I've not used Kip, but I do have a couple friends that have. I've seen his work on Parker, Fox and Remington stocks. Kip does excellent work, and has a great turn around time! My one friend lives there during the summer and uses Kip for all his stock work.
Chris, AZ

Brian Dudley
08-12-2022, 07:25 AM
XXXX posted in error

Dean H Hanson
08-22-2022, 03:13 PM
Hey John, Kip did the wood on my lifter 20, spectacular to say the least. Winter is the best time to send work.... good luck