PDA

View Full Version : My Reloading Items Were Found:

Bruce P Bruner
01-30-2022, 11:37 AM
I called “Ballistic Products”, requested help with supplies for my recent English A.J. Rudd 2-1/2” 20 gauge acquisition. Everything was in stock, primed Cheddite hulls, wads, over shot disks and a roll crimp tool. I also requested a “Low Pressure” load for 7/8 oz shot. “Longshot” was the proper powder and it just happened to be in stock at my local Scheels. Enough supplies ordered for 200 rounds, enough to get acquainted with the old gun and break some clay.

Frank Srebro
01-30-2022, 02:18 PM
….. deleted

Matt Buckley
01-30-2022, 02:30 PM
It might be a little wait for your supplies from BP but you will get everything you ordered. They have never let me down yet over the years with supplies that I have ordered that are In Stock.

edgarspencer
01-30-2022, 02:38 PM
It might be a little wait for your supplies from BP.

That may be an understatement.It seems, even with everything in stock, they don't ship for a week or more. 'Unprecedented Times'.

Austin J Hawthorne Jr.
01-30-2022, 03:03 PM
With my last order, about 2 months ago, they quoted me a 15 day delivery time and it came in 17 days. Not too bad considering that almost everything takes longer these days.

Pete Lester
01-30-2022, 05:04 PM
With my last order, about 2 months ago, they quoted me a 15 day delivery time and it came in 17 days. Not too bad considering that almost everything takes longer these days.

My understanding is BPI is a very small operation. I am sure given the shortages we have seen they get overwhelmed with orders when they get primers or powder. They have a notice on their website that it may take up to 14 days for them to ship, but they are good to do business with. They don't charge my CC until my order is put together and prepped for shipping. They have always followed through and my orders have all eventually arrived. When it comes to primers where would most of us be this last year without the Cheddites from BPI?

Keith Doty
01-30-2022, 06:51 PM
I just got an order from them. Took a while but it DID get here. They have always waited to charge my card until shipping.

Kevin McCormack
01-30-2022, 07:49 PM
You just can't tell these days - last July I bought a gun from a major midwestern dealer who insisted on shipping the gun by registered mail. I begged him to just use max insured Priority Mail 2-3 day service (with which you can insure a gun for up to $35K without detailed insurance provenance, country of origin, etc.), but he would not do it. It took 3 weeks with USPS "cradle to grave" signoff policy for every human in the USPS chain that handled the package for the gun to come from MI to MD.

A week ago I used regular USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day service to send an outsized package (not a gun) (38"long x 10" wide x 10" deep) from VA to OH and went thru 10 full minutes at the PO of "Ah, dohn no if it too long; may have to air express, how come so big", etc. Finally sent off Monday PM and was waiting on the guy's doorstep on Thursday morning of the same week. So much of the explanations are contrived nowadays; "short of staff due to COVID; Only Vera has the Registered Mail Daily Roster and she must have been off that day"! The PO is getting like Starbuck's - more servers behind the counter than customers in the store and they all but one (working the register) find some way(s) to avoid you. I am SO sick of it!!

Frank Srebro
01-31-2022, 08:07 AM
Just my perspective, let's say a vendor always has an ongoing delay of 10-14 business days on processing orders, and that's for everything the vendor sells ..... I'd suggest to the owner/top manager that he or she gets their people to work overtime and weekends to catch up on the backlog - all hands on deck. Use temps for the simpler things such as picking and packing. Afterwards new orders and shipments should be in balance and there should only be a relatively short delay in picking, billing and shipping things that are in stock. All this in line with customers' expectations and the service they get from most other suppliers even in these days.

For example just recently I placed an on-line order for multiple things with Precision Reloading - no doubt a relatively small company - and I had it about one week later. 3X in a row that's happened over the last month or so. I'd say PR has its "stuff" together.

Mike Koneski
01-31-2022, 08:57 PM
Our postmistress said she can’t hire anybody as nobody is applying. She also said only women have been applying and most of them can’t carry most packages necessitating us to p/u large or heavy packages at the PO. The postmistress said some days she has to deliver mail and that’s not good.

Harold Lee Pickens
02-01-2022, 07:56 AM
Bruce, could you share that 2 1/2" 20 load? I have used Unique before for that, was a little dirty.

Bruce P Bruner
02-01-2022, 08:30 AM
Bruce, could you share that 2 1/2" 20 load? I have used Unique before for that, was a little dirty.
PM sent.

Bruce P Bruner
02-07-2022, 06:53 PM
I called “Ballistic Products”, requested help with supplies for my recent English A.J. Rudd 2-1/2” 20 gauge acquisition. Everything was in stock, primed Cheddite hulls, wads, over shot disks and a roll crimp tool. I also requested a “Low Pressure” load for 7/8 oz shot. “Longshot” was the proper powder and it just happened to be in stock at my local Scheels. Enough supplies ordered for 200 rounds, enough to get acquainted with the old gun and break some clay.
FedEx says delivery on Thursday the 10th.

edgarspencer
02-07-2022, 09:30 PM
They're stepping up their game. I Got 4 bags of wads last Friday, and that took three weeks. They were in stock too.

Harold Lee Pickens
02-07-2022, 10:34 PM
Since your gun has fluid steel barrels, I wouldn't worry much about the pressure. Alot of loads listed for 2 3/4 will fit in a 2 1/2" hull. Can always drop to 3/4 oz. Remember pressure has NOTHING to do with recoil.

Frank Srebro
02-10-2022, 02:35 PM
They're stepping up their game. I Got 4 bags of wads last Friday, and that took three weeks. They were in stock too.

And I ordered some in stock components from Precision Reloading on Tuesday 2/8 and they're shown as shipped today. Just sayin..

edgarspencer
02-10-2022, 03:36 PM
And I ordered some in stock components from Precision Reloading on Tuesday 2/8 and they are shown as shipped today.

I would have gone to Precision too, if they had the wads I wanted.

Frank Srebro
02-18-2022, 12:39 PM
Just sayin again ....I ordered some in-stock black powder reloading components from Track of the Wolf in MN on Monday and the package arrived today. No excuses, no shipping delay due to high volume, no other blah blah. Where there's a will there's a way.

Keith Doty
02-18-2022, 01:01 PM
I've been trying to figure out how it's possible for high sales volume to be an issue for shipping when they obviously have very little inventory to sell! How's that work? Would seem like filling fewer smaller orders would be quicker.