PDA

View Full Version : Parker PH 12 gauge

Wendy Bonertz
02-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi all!
Was at a gun show the other day and a fellow had a Parker 12 gauge PH. It has a 1 1/2 frame, twist barrels, sling attachments and SN 93751 (the chart puts it as an 1899 manufacture date). It was not in great shape, looking like the stock had been replaced or at least a badly done recoil pad. The forend had a few splinters off of it and had obviously been refinished.
The interesting thing about this gun was a metal slide on the barrels. The fellow said he thought it was original to the gun but to me it did not look like something that should be on a Parker gun! It scratched the barrels and the mid-rib bead looked like it was worn off or filed off. It was sort of a blued metal sleeve about 6 inches long that slid up and down the barrels. He said it was for trap or skeet.
He is looking for a value for the gun as the owner would like to sell. I am not interested in the gun personally but I said I would try to find out a bit about it.
Has anyone seen something like that on a Parker?

Harry Collins
02-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Wendy,

It sounds like a leather hand guard that has lost its leather. To my mind the sling swivels are a plus and yes Parker did install them on a few of their guns. Though it would be hard to say about this gun unless a research letter were obtained. Are the barrels Twist Steet or Parker Steel? I just purchased a PH 12 gauge on a #1 frame that had a number of issues for $350.00 and the barrels were beat to the devil blued Twist Steel. Can you post some pictures?

Kindest, Harry

Wendy Bonertz
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Harry,
Yes, I could better see this slide on a Parker if it were wrapped in leather like you said. As it is it just scratches the barrels which are twist. I don't have the gun so I am not able to post pictures. I am thinking that this gun would likely run in the same price category as the one you purchased. Thanks for your help!
Wendy