PDA

View Full Version : Parker DHE photos

Mark Straube
02-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Here are the pictures of my recent purchase a 1930 DHE with 32" barrels on a #2 frame. The buttstock must have been replaced prior to the 1950's. It originally had a ball stock. The replacment has the initials CH on the metal oval who was Charles Hayden and believed to be the original owner. Now, if I can get these pictures loaded (it's much easier to load a shotgun)I will quit yakking so you can enjoy the pictures. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome to PGCA.

-Mark

Bill Murphy
02-06-2011, 11:03 AM
We still need closeup pictures of the inside of your forearm so we can tell you how to get your gun assembled.

Mark Straube
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks Bill. I spent so much time figuring out the what was compatable between my camera, printer/scanner and computer that I forgot. I will get that picture added today or tomorrow evening. GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Kuss
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
If you look at picture #2 and 7, you can see that it is an ejector gun.
Jeff

Gill Frye
02-06-2011, 12:18 PM
What kind of case is that? I just bought one yesterday at a gun show and don't know anything about it.

Mark Straube
02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Gill,
I don't know if the leg of Mutton case is original to the gun but they have been together for over 50 years. The only marking on the case that I can find is a patented date of Dec. 17, 1907 and a # 32 stamped about the # 110 or 11 o. The brass oval has the name Chas. Hayden etched on it. Charles Hayden was the original owner of the Parker according to the Family. The inside of the case is lined with a tan flannel like material and has the divider for the barrels. It shows it's age. Hope that helps.
-Mark

Mark Straube
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Thank you Jeff. When I first looked at this gun the action was froze up with dried grease and a little corrosion in the crevasses. It took a few sprays of breakfree and some cleaning just to get the top lever to move so we could attach the barrels. The ejectors are stuck in place and look like one solid piece of steel. This caused my friend Scott and I to think it was a DH and did not have ejectors. Finding out that it is a DHE is exciting and I will compensate Scott accordingly. Thank you again.

-Mark

Bruce Day
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Gill that is a very typical leg of mutton configuration case which was made in large numbers by various manufacturers. They are period correct for Parkers, protect the gun, are available for not too much cost, and make a nice pairing with the gun.

charlie cleveland
02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
nice gun..bet you were excited when you found out it was a dhe...i hope you find out more about chas. hayden he might be a interesting story.... charlie