PDA

View Full Version : PARKER GH 20 GAUGE

George Lander
02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I had an enquiry today regarding a Parker GH 20 gauge, DT, splinter forearm, 26 inch Damascus barrels, SN 998xx. The owner said that the gun has been restored. My question is how rare would this gun be?

Best Regards, George

Dean Romig
02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Well, Wildwood in Maine is pretty proud of their 20 ga. GHE with 28" Damascus barrels. They claim it is one of only three known in that configuration. I don't know if 26" extractor guns were more numerous but there can't be an awful lot of them.
Wildwood has had that gun for better than three years and it started out at $10,500 and now it is at $9,800. I've handled it and it is pretty nice but I don't need it as badly as other Parkers I have lusted over in the last year or so. :crying:

Rich Anderson
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
There was a nice one at a shoot in northern Mich last year. It was converted to a straight stock asking price was $3500.

Steve Jacobs
03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Interesting!!! I happen to have a 20 gauge GHE w/28" Damascus barrels and was always wondering how many of them were out there.

Bill Murphy
03-18-2011, 06:54 PM
This is being discussed on another thread and Dave Noreen posted the real figures that the authors provided as eratta. Wildwood knows their information is incorrect but uses TPS's error to promote their gun.

Stephen Hodges
03-18-2011, 08:40 PM
:eek: IMO Wildwood is NOT a place to purchase a gun from. Prices that make Cableas seem cheap, and not always, shall we say, "upfront" on their merchandise descriptions. OMO that is.

Dean Romig
03-18-2011, 09:11 PM
IMO, Wildwood is an OK place to shop for guns. As with just about any purveyor of old side-by-sides they're not going to point out flaws and inconsistencies so the usual "caveat emptor" always applies. Most experienced dealers will start high and allow a certain amount of haggling so that the buyer feels good about "getting the price down" and the seller makes his (very necessary) profit. Dick and Craig are members of the PGCA and friends of ours so I think it serves no purpose to speak ill of Wildwood or any gun seller unless of course, they intentionally misrepresent a gun or try to screw their customers.

Rich Anderson
03-19-2011, 06:11 AM
I must wonder at how these dealers or individuals for that matter come up with some of the priceing they use. Wildwood is asking in the range of $9800 for a GHE 20 Damascuss (wow!:shock:) and Julia's auction just sold a BH 12 for less than $4000:shock:.

The bottom line is as long as both buyer and seller are happy than it was a fair price.

Dean Romig
03-19-2011, 06:43 AM
The bottom line is as long as both buyer and seller are happy than it was a fair price.

Just a WAG Rich, but I'll bet the consignor of the BH at Julia's isn't happy. He probably never dreamed he's need a reserve on it and that it would easily sell itself, being such a great Parker.

Some people and dealers just hold on to decent guns too long and this practice does not show very good business sense in my opinion. Usually they could have sold the gun at a healthy profit and reinvested the money several times in the amount of time a gun has sat in their inventory gathering both dust an openly expressed opinions of the gun and the sellers on Internet sites.