PDA

View Full Version : confirmation on a old sxs

BILL BOUCHER
11-22-2021, 04:56 PM
1st post- contemplating purchasing an older model parker- i want to make sure that it is what it is claimed to be . all parts have same serial number - 45160. it has 30 " barrels marked TWIST. 02 is marked on rear barrel lug. 4 with a smaller 6 is also stamped on the bottom of barrel with a T inside a circle. I see no gauge number but I think it is a 10 gauge. I also do not see a grade mark but i assume it to be a grade 0. all parts are there, wood is solid but checkerin worn almost smooth, stock is pistol grip with round knob, barrels are fair with several small dings. action locks up tight. butt plate is dog head w/ PARKER BROTHERS. It is complete but very worn. the water table has three different patent dates. I know that you need pictures but at present it is not available to be photographed . what can you tell me about this gun and is 1K A CRAZY PRICE. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

edgarspencer
11-22-2021, 07:40 PM
Your description matches the information in the serialization book. The price may be the top region for a plain twist 0 grade, but if nothing is jumping out at you, the bores seem good, and it's on face, what's a couple hundred bucks?

Dean Romig
11-22-2021, 08:08 PM
The T inside of a circle is the stamp fot Titanic Steel barrels, which is not a variation of composite steel barrels. What you have is a T with a crescent above and a crescent below. This is the mark for Twist barrels. Twist Steel barrels are very strong and the vast majority of hammer guns had a variation of Twist barrels; Twist or Twist Steel.

Have them measured for adequate wall thickness and chamber length.

Bill Murphy
11-23-2021, 06:12 AM
For more information, please post pictures of your gun.

BILL BOUCHER
11-23-2021, 10:31 AM
do you think that there is any more information that can be obtained if i were 6to get it papered?

Bill Murphy
11-23-2021, 11:41 AM
Not on a zero grade gun. However, you may get a bunch of information by posting pictures. I get letters on all of my Parkers in case a famous person ordered it.