PDA

View Full Version : Re-cocking a Parker

lee r moege
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I have never tried this so I want to know what I'm getting in to. I dis-assembled my DHE to rework the stock and of course let the hammers down to take the sears out. After re-assembly can I drop the barrels in, put on the forend, and recock the hammers like in a normal fireing sequence or do I have to lift the cocking crank and cock the hammers first. I don't want to get the cocking hook jammed up. On my Dan Lefever with a similar 2 piece cocking cam I can recock with the hammers down. Thanks All! Lee.

E Robert Fabian
02-03-2011, 08:28 PM
You shouldn't have any problems Lee, just put the gun back together and you'll be able to cock it.

Dean Romig
02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Bob's right. As long as you get it back together properly you'll have no problem dropping the barrels in, attaching the forend and opening the action fully to cock the gun.

lee r moege
02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys!!! I have never restocked a Parker before but I have done quite few Smiths and Foxes and have always cocked them by hand before putting the barrels on. My Ithaca NID 20 gage is next! (Badly repaired stock.) You guys have more knowledge on Parkers by far than I. I'm sure glad I joined PGCA instead of continuing as "looker" only. Think spring!!!!! Lee.:rotf: