PDA

View Full Version : New Member Jeremy needs 10ga smokeless load data

Jeremy Bert
11-20-2021, 10:36 AM
Glad to have found this forum .Been reloading HandGun ,Rifle and Shotgun 30+ years . I have a beautiful Parker 10 ga Hammer Gun .It is one of 2 Damascus SS I own. I have to this point been loading 2-7/8" Rocky Mountain Brass with BP and Pyrodex using Circle Fly 1/8" Nitro, 1/2" Felt and overshot cards, gluing them in to seal. My other Damascus SS is a Remington Hammerless 12 ga. I have plenty of low pressure load data for smokeless powder for the 12 , but none for the 10 using brass cases . I do have 2lbs of 7625 and 1/2 lb of PB on the shelf . Also Red Dot ,Green and Unique + a lot of Rifle and Pistol powders. Does anyone have any load data for these components? I have kept pressures at or below 5900 LUP for the 10 and 5000 LUP for the 12. Also it has been upwards of 10 years since I have loaded Shot Shells for either of these guns . I see now people are not talking LUP but PSI for pressures . What would be the maximum safe PSI for the 10 and for the 12 ? ,I need to get educated on PSI. Also any tips or recommendations on buying re-load components on line would be appreciated. Thanks in advance . Jeremy

Mike Koneski
11-21-2021, 08:52 AM
Jeremy, I have been loading my 10g with 7625 and Unique with very good results.

Jeremy Bert
11-21-2021, 09:46 AM
I have used this powder for low pressure loads for my 12. I am very careful about shotgun recipes ,always sticking to the components listed . I have no load data for 2-7/8"brass shells . There seems to be lots of data for plastic shells. Do you have any loads for brass and 7625 or any other smokeless powder ?

CraigThompson
11-21-2021, 10:37 AM
I’ve got two loads I use in REM or RST hulls but nothing for brass hulls .

Mike Koneski
11-21-2021, 10:40 AM
I have used this powder for low pressure loads for my 12. I am very careful about shotgun recipes ,always sticking to the components listed . I have no load data for 2-7/8"brass shells . There seems to be lots of data for plastic shells. Do you have any loads for brass and 7625 or any other smokeless powder ?

I load pretty much all Cheddite (RST) hulls with a smattering of Federal (RST) too. All 2 7/8". The only brass I load are for 12g black powder along with 12g BP paper hulls and they are both the same recipe.