PDA

View Full Version : Stumbled upon Parker

Jaryd Richardson
01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Hello Parker Forum,

I have come across a Parker VH and unfortunately dont know anything about the gun. It belongs to a guy i know and asked if id be interested in buying it from him. Although ive heard of Parker guns i have never researched them and im interested in purchasing it, but would like some input before. I know its a 1923 VH 12 gauge and as far as condition seems to be descent. Here are the pics i took of it yesterday so i could research it alittle. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. I dont plan on hunting with this gun, just a collectable that i would love to own. Thanks again

Mark Ouellette
02-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Jaryd,

Thank you for the photos and especially the one of the serial number. Other members who have access to their Serialization book will certainly look it up for you and provide guidance. In the meantime, clear photos of the receiver watertable, barrel flats, and barrel recoil lug will be most helpful. If you see numbers or symbols on any part of the gun then photograph it and post here. Additionally, if possible, clear photos of the engraving and all screws are important.

Respectfully,
Mark

George Lander
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
SN 204471 shows in the serialization book as a VH Grade hammerless 12 gauge w/ capped pistol grip stock, no extras and 30 inch barrels. It should be worth in the $600 - $1,000 range if all original and in decent condition IMHO.

Best Regards, George

David Holes
02-01-2011, 02:23 PM
That there is a collectable that would love to take you hunting, good luck.