PDA

View Full Version : Clocks ticking down

John Truitt
01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Just a little over 3 months to go until the Southern Side by Side Spring Event and most importantly the Parker vs LC Smith Challenge Events.
This is a great event and IMHO the Challenge Event and Hammer Event is the high light of the weekend and the reason many of us go.
Start thinking about making plans and I hope everyone who wants to make it can this year.

PS: thank you Mark Conrad and all those who make this event happen.

neill mcinnis
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
John,
I really enjoy the Southern for a number of reasons one being the Parker-L.C.Smith Challenge. Maybe one day I'll make the team!? Its a great time and wonderful side by sides. Good luck to everyone.

Mark Conrad
01-26-2011, 09:00 AM
We are hoping to have more space at the Southern this year for our display and Challenge sign up. In past years, we have been confined to a small both for both. I am looking for a members who want to spend a little time at out display (booth) to answer questions, sell raffle tickets, and help sign shooters up for the Challenge. We will be setting up the display Thursday afternoon and breaking it down Sunday after the Hammer Gun Challenge. Since we have more space (I hope) this year we are also looking for more display material. Anyone wishing to bring a display, please PM me or just post it here. Please note that you need to remove any valuables each night as we can't guarantee security.

The Challenge rules will remain the same this year. This will be our 8th year. Score is Parker 4 and L C Smith 3.

We need more hammer gun shooters for the Hammergun Challenge on Sunday morning. We are still looking for our first win in this event.

Mark