PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SW Pennsylvania

Curtis Yingling
08-09-2021, 07:12 PM
I am just starting the journey into Parker side by sides. I currently don't own a Parker but am actively looking into starting my collection. I look forward to the amount of information and knowledge that can be gained from this forum.

Thanks for allowing me to join.

Curtis Yingling

David Noble
08-09-2021, 07:14 PM
You will find many friends and benefits in your membership. Glad to have you!

Dean Romig
08-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Our quarterly “newsletter” (actually a 48-page full-color glossy magazine) can be an incredible source of information.
Now that you are a bona-fide PGCA member you can purchase our “Parker Pages Digital Archive” which contains every page of every issue from the very beginning,
in 1993, Vol. 1 Issue 1 through 2018. It is an incredible resource for $50 from Mike McKinney. - You will NOT be sorry.

Welcome!

Russ Jackson
08-09-2021, 10:11 PM
Hello Curtis and welcome aboard ,you landed in the right spot before you bought a Parker gun ,there is much to learn and an abundance of Parker knowledge on this site to help you out ! I am from SW Pa. also ,send me a PM and tell me where you're located ! Best Regard's ; Russ

Dean Romig
08-09-2021, 10:16 PM
My Dad was from southwest PA too - Greensburg.

Russ Jackson
08-10-2021, 08:00 AM
My Dad was from southwest PA too - Greensburg

If you would have stayed in the area Dean ,We would have made a Fine Hunting Duo ! My favorite of course being the Woodcock followed up by heading to the Hills for a Grouse ! When I was a Boy here we hunted Grouse on our own property and all through the Laurel Highlands in and around the Ligonier / Somerset area !Then they were plentiful but sad to say they have declined to the point where I hunt the Timberdoodle flights first and think about Grouse secondly ! But of course always with a Small Bore Parker !!!:)

Harold Lee Pickens
08-10-2021, 02:11 PM
Hey Curtis, good to have you on board, Fellows, I have met Curtis and he is a good guy. That VH 16 deal must not have worked out I guess.

Curtis Yingling
08-10-2021, 02:56 PM
It turned out to be a sows ear. Needed a lot of work.

Brett Hoop
08-10-2021, 11:22 PM
Well now you done it ! Your in the right place, and now you won’t have just me pushing you over the edge. The knowledge among this group is only exceeded by the passion and willingness to help others so afflicted.