PDA

View Full Version : 20ga.trojan

alvin piper
01-22-2011, 09:02 PM
what is an 0 frame?
is it unusual for 28" bbls to be imp/mod?
why does this gun have a red rubber but pad?
who is THE parker recon man?

John Dunkle
01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Alvin...???

Were you typing this post while I was approving your registration to the Parker Forum?? :)

Seriously - welcome to the PGCA Forum..!!!

:cheers:

John

alvin piper
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
John, could have been.Brand new to this.Thank you for the response.

alvin piper
01-22-2011, 09:30 PM
John ,are you still there? don't know what to do now. Alvin

John Dunkle
01-22-2011, 09:36 PM
;)

Hey Alvin!!!

Yea - I'm still here... ;) Much to the chagrin of others - I'm always around :eek: Anyway - the way this works is that....

This is a public forum, so someone aside from me, will be around to help you out with your questions posted in your first post..

But - not that you heard it from me - but...

If you post pics of your Trojan - and the butt pad - there are a ton of folks who will comment..??

Best to you my friend - and again - welcome aboard!!

John

alvin piper
01-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the response John,one of the kids has promised to show me how to load pics,I know it won't happen P.M.
appreciate your patience.Alvin

George Lander
01-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Alvin: To try to answer your questions as best I can:
An "O" frame is typically found on 16 gauge Parkers and heavy 20's
Parker Trojan 28 inch barrels are usually bored modified and full but could be ordered IC&M or could have had the chokes opened by a gunsmith.
Parker Trojans came with a plain hard rubber buttplate but could have had the pad fitted at the factory or elsewhere.
"THE" Parker restoration expert that you ask about might be Larry DelGrego whose father "Babe" DelGrego was a Parker Brothers employee (at Remington), however, there are several other well known and respected Parker restoration experts whose names you will find by looking into some of the past posts on this forum. Welcome to the PGCA.

Best Regards, George

Pete Lester
01-23-2011, 07:54 AM
"THE" Parker restoration expert that you ask about might be Larry DelGrego whose father "Babe" DelGrego was a Parker Brothers employee (at Remington), however, there are several other well known and respected Parker restoration experts whose names you will find by looking into some of the past posts on this forum. Welcome to the PGCA.

Best Regards, George

For the record, it was "Babe's" father, Larry DelGrego who was a Parker Brothers employee, he started working in Meriden and was one of the employee's who moved to Ilion. He started the shop "Larry DelGrego & Son" and apprenticed his son "Babe", Larry DelGrego Jr. who is now in his late 70's and his son Lawrence DelGrego III is now running the shop. Lawrence's sons also work in the shop.

I think some PGCA members would be wise to sit down with Babe and document his recollections because some day those memories will also be lost.

Dave Suponski
01-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Alvin, The correct frame size for a Parker Trojan 20 gauge gun is the "O" frame. Some 16 gauge guns of a grade's higher than Trojan were built on "O" frames also but your gun is correct for it's grade and gauge.