PDA

View Full Version : Risking Derision Again

Bruce Day
01-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Rec'd in today's email from an underground Michigander, whom I will not name as I appreciate that he emailed me at substantial risk to himself :

" My Parker collecting and avid duck hunting friend, to remain nameless, just informed me that he measured his worn and pitted Damascus hammerless DH, discovered it has chokes of .045'! Through these pitted and tightly choked Damascus barrels this duck season he fired 150 rounds of factory steel shot!

Respectfully,"

( name omitted by BD)

I'm not suggesting anything, just recounting a person's experiences, and if people think that this information should not be exposed on this forum, let me know and I'll delete it.

George Lander
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Well Bruce: There seems to be no limit to humanities stupidity, does it? Sounds like a fine game of "Parker Roulette"

Best Regards, George

Bruce Day
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I know, "Parker Roulette" is the exact same phrase Ed Muderlak used when he talked about those fools who shoot those wall hanger Damascus guns.

Eric Eis
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
No Bruce I am not going to comment....you just like "stirring the pot" Eric

Ed Blake
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
That Sherman Bell is a real scamp!

Richard Flanders
01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a good topic for a Sherman Bell like study. Take a F/F damascus gun and put it into a test stand and start feeding steel shot loads through it by the hundreds and measuring the bore erosion in very small increments to see if this really is an issue. Measure pressures with increasing velocities and shot loads also. This would make an interesting study. I can't imagine why anyone would want to shoot steel shot myself as I've not had good killing results with it from my pump or modern S/S guns and biting onto a #2 steel pellet in a duck cost me $1000 for a full crown at the dentist. No thanks. I'm done with steel and sold my entire steel shot ammo supply to a friend for very cheap just to get it out of the house. I can buy a LOT of expensive non tox ammo or shot for $1000.

Bruce Day
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
No Bruce I am not going to comment....you just like "stirring the pot" Eric

And I thought you had those rascally Michiganders under control! Maybe they are from the UP and who knows what those folks up there will do.

John Dunkle
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
..." My Parker collecting and avid duck hunting friend, to remain nameless, just informed me that he measured his worn and pitted Damascus hammerless DH, discovered it has chokes of .045'! Through these pitted and tightly choked Damascus barrels this duck season he fired 150 rounds of factory steel shot!

Respectfully,"

( name omitted by BD).... So you got this from a "friend of a friend" - BOTH of whom wish to remain nameless???

Oh - that's good enough for me...???

Jesssusssss..

I guess this should be the thread that I should tell you that "..My Elvis collecting friend, to remain nameless, just informed me that he measured his shoe size, and believes that Elvis has been re-incarnated as himself! I swear it's true - you just can't ask him!"

And oh - your nameless "friend of a friend" should contact EVERY SHOTGUN MANUFACTURER OUT THERE who clearly states that NO STEEL IN ANY CHOKE TIGHTER THAN A MODIFIED CHOKE (which chokes "full" for "steel"). I'm glad your "friend of a friend" knows more than everyone else?? Wow.. Simply amazing...

This thread is closed for being - well, just silly...

John