PDA

View Full Version : Parker snap caps…

Mike Stahle
01-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Just picked up a set of these. “WOW” talk about the most heavy duty snap caps I have ever seen or held. I also have a set of 12 ga. Parker Reproduction caps that are top notch, but nothing like these straight up Parker's in 16 ga. Anyone know who makes these?

Garrett Begovich
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Those look great! Where did you find them?

Greg Baehman
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
IMHO, they appear to be the nickel plated brass snap caps that Galazan marketed which were also available gold plated. (The current snap caps they're selling now have a ring machined around the shaft). Customers can order them custom engraved with script or block lettering for an additional $20/pair.

Richard Flanders
01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
I have a pair of those. One is oversized and will only fit in certain shotgun chambers. I've toyed with chucking it in the lathe and turning it down. That set looks like it's never seen a firing pin

Norm Growden
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
They look like the snaps at Jeff's Outfitters.

Linn Matthews
01-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Don't I remember that these were marketed with the Repro Parkers?

Mike Stahle
01-21-2011, 05:36 AM
I have a pair of those. One is oversized and will only fit in certain shotgun chambers. I've toyed with chucking it in the lathe and turning it down. That set looks like it's never seen a firing pin

Not yet, next week my new Parker girl should be in hand. ;)

Mike Stahle
01-21-2011, 05:38 AM
They look like the snaps at Jeff's Outfitters.

Yes they are. :)
http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/store.aspx?categoryid=64&panel=1

gerrydelmonico
01-26-2011, 04:34 PM
I was under the impression that parker's didn't need snap caps because of the way the firing mechanism was built?

Dean Romig
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Gerry, Parker hammerless guns, whether original or Repros, don't need snap caps because of their design but fine guns in their custom made cases are generally supplied with snap caps in order to complete the aesthetic presentation of the gun.

gerrydelmonico
01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks! I just wanted to confirm so as to not break my new Parker.....

Bill Murphy
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Dean, I'll remember what you said about snap caps and cases when I find a trunk case for my "chrome plated" nine pound #3 frame VH 16 gauge. Well, it's not actually chrome plated, but it is lacking any finish that is not rust. I think I'll order a set of Jeff's 16 gauge snap caps to give my prize some class.

Dean Romig
01-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Bill, I think you need to contact Marvin to make you a nice case befitting your rare VH 16. I'm quite certain he'll include the proper recesses in the case, at no extra charge, for the snap caps you pick up for it.

Have you contracted for a trunk case for the "Queen of Hearts" Parker? Now there's one that needs a presentation oak and leather case!

Bill Murphy
01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes, Dean, Pancho and Cisco have a case. "Pancho" when the Damascus barrels are installed, "Cisco" when the 34" steel barrels are installed. The fellow we discussed on this site a while back supplied me with a great leather trunk case for a 34" two barrel set. These are the same great cases that I suggested for 10 and 8 gauge guns. Mr. Khan offered one and two barrel set 34" cases in three different interior colors, snap caps and good straps included for less than $400 shipped.

Dean Romig
01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Yes, I remember... those were exceptionally nice cases for the price. I should have bought one for my CH Bernard gun.

Bill Murphy
01-27-2011, 10:09 AM
I am inquiring about the present availability of these cases. I am going to order one more for a 34" SC.