PDA

View Full Version : Austin Hogan Article

Bruce Day
01-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Great article by Austin W. Hogan , " On Some Philosophies of Collecting: Provenance of the Austin S. Hogan Collection" in the Winter 2011 edition of The American Fly Fisher, the journal of the American Museum of Fly Fishing.

Austin S. Hogan was a major benefactor to the AMFF collection. Thanks Austin W.

Dean Romig
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Austin is one of the most prolific writers I know of - he has a wonderful mind and it is a privilege to know him. I would like to have that issue - is there somewhere that I can buy it or do I need to buy a subscription?

Bruce Day
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Manchester, VT

802 362 3300

Fine publication and museum for the person interested in fly fishing and its history.

Dave Purnell
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Austin, if this is the work you let me read at Vintager's, it is an awesome tribute to your Father's passion. I'll definitely search it out for a copy. Congratulations. Well done.

Dave

Dean Romig
01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I've been there three times, in fact, I believe I met Austin's father long before I could have made any association to Austin W. Hogan.

Austin W Hogan
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I sent several copies of the last issue of Parker Pages, with the article on the Parker Hawes rod to the museum. The museum does not have a Hawes, or Parker Hawes rod suitable for display. It would be a great inter organizational gift if we could find one for them.

Best, Austin

Jean Swanson
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Well ---I had an absolute mint Parker/Haws rod ,it is the rod shown in the Parker Story, unfortunately I sold it several years ago or I would be proud to donate it in behalf of Austin . Austin is a great person and does a wonderful job as editor of the Parker Pages----we are blessed to have him. Allan Swanson