PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Northern Virginia

David Dobson
05-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone! New member here as I inherited a Parker Trojan 12ga from my grandpa. It appears to be in pretty decent shape (could use a good cleaning). It looks like there are historical records available for it which I ordered today but I wanted to post on here and see if anyone might have any info on it. This is my first and only Parker right now.

bruce a lyons
05-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Welcome aboard!

Randy G Roberts
05-02-2021, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the Parker family David. I have good news in that we have lots of various astute and knowledgeable members in your very fine state that can teach you the Parker ways. Be careful though, it's an addiction. Or so I was told a few years ago, turned out he was right.

Walter Sippel
05-09-2021, 10:17 PM
xxx

David Noble
05-09-2021, 11:15 PM
xxx

David Noble
05-09-2021, 11:31 PM
I inherited a Parker Trojan 12ga from my grandpa. It appears to be in pretty decent shape (could use a good cleaning). This is my first and only Parker right now.

David, how lucky you are to have inherited your grandpa's Parker! That is something you should cherish. The Trojan was Parker's lowest grade double, but that doesn't mean it is inferior. In fact, it is superior to many other brands of doubles including modern ones. The barrels are strong fluid steel and will handle modern loads just fine, but you may want to stay away from the heavier loads that are on the market today. Standard and low velocity loads are considered adequate for hunting and clays shooting by most of the collectors and shooters here. Many many of us shoot these older guns exclusively including the composite barreled guns. Have your Trojan inspected by a knowledgeable gunsmith, get it correctly cleaned, maybe repair the chipped forend. and you will have a fine looking usable firearm to shoot and show off. And thank you for the nice pictures!

Mills Morrison
05-10-2021, 06:56 AM
Welcome Walter! Great heirloom you have there