PDA

View Full Version : New Member Kevin Hutch

Kevin Hutchinson
04-29-2021, 06:55 PM
Hello, glad to be part of Parker Gun Collectors Assoc. as I could use some help with my Parker I received it from my great grandfather. After researching this site I learned it is a 1902 Damascus grade 2. I think it is a 12 Guage but not sure what the other marks mean. I tried looking on this site. I figured I would reach out to see if anyone could help. Thank you ahead of time for any input.

Randy G Roberts
04-29-2021, 07:42 PM
Hi Kevin:

The 2 on the bottom of the barrel lug indicates the frame size, the number 8 beside it I believe the meaning of it to be unknown, someone else here may know different than I on that. The three numbers stamped on the end of the barrel lug should correspond with the last three numbers of your serial number. The 4-1 numbers on the barrel flats indicate the barrel weight before striking in pounds and ounces. The large D indicates the type of barrel steel used, in this case damascus. Two things, first what happened to the hinge pin in your gun as it appears to be missing. Secondly what is the serial number of your gun and we can see if any research information is available on it. If there are records available you should join the PGCA and order a research letter. If there are not any records available you should still join the PGCA and learn more about your Parker.

Kevin Hutchinson
04-29-2021, 09:26 PM
Randy,
Thank you for your response and help. The serial number on water table is 111313 with a 2 over the top and a G underneath. I took the pin out because the roller does move and I can not get barrel to lock close. I tried looking on site but need help understanding the mechanics on what happens when attaching barrel.

Harold Lee Pickens
04-29-2021, 10:15 PM
Looks like a decent gun from what we can see, and damascus pattern looks nice. Probably need a competant double gun smith to look it over. Others will probably chime in with their opinions.

Kevin Hutchinson
04-29-2021, 11:13 PM
Harold,
Thanks for comments. The barrels exterior are in very nice shape. I love the Damascus look. My family are bird hunters and my great grandfather was a railroad engineer so I am sure this was a expensive gun for him in 1902.

Randy G Roberts
04-30-2021, 07:40 AM
Kevin your gun is not is the serialization book but there are surviving records for it. If it were mine I would request a research letter.

Kevin Hutchinson
04-30-2021, 10:45 AM
Randy,
Thanks for the information. I will submit for a research letter and hopefully get more information. I did join as you suggested. Thanks for your help. Any ideas on getting barrels to lock onto receiver?

Randy G Roberts
04-30-2021, 11:43 AM
Welcome aboard Kevin. I am sure you will find a wealth of info here and lots of good folks. Wish I could assist with your barrel issue but all I can do is recommend that you take it to a gunsmith which you should do anyway to have the barrel walls measured. On the home page in the tree on the left click on "Parker FAQ's" and item #1 under "General Parker Knowledge" will be a list of gunsmiths members have used and would recommend. You may be able to find someone in your area. Best of luck !

Harold Lee Pickens
04-30-2021, 02:12 PM
Kevin, what part of the country are you from, there may be a good known double gun smith near you--or another knowledgable PGCA near you who might help out.

Gerald McPherson
05-17-2021, 10:50 AM
When you tried to put the barrel on was the top lever all the way to the right?