PDA

View Full Version : New member

Jeffrey Hayes
04-19-2021, 05:06 PM
My name is Jeff Hayes and I live in Kirby Vermont. Kirby is a very small town in the NE corner of Vt. I joined the association because I inherited a Parker Trojan 20 ga. when my father passed away. I had shot the gun many years ago, I am 69 years old, but after my father passed away I found that the gun had its stock completely broken off. Some of the safety pieces were also lost when that happened. At the time I just put the gun away and waited for more time to work on it. I am now retired and my desire is to get a stock for it to begin the restoration. I am totally new to all of this and am hoping this organization can help me. Thanks for listening.

Dean Romig
04-19-2021, 05:48 PM
Hi Jeff - Welcome to the PGCA!

I live in MA but have hunted in Wheelock my entire life - deer, turkeys, ruffed grouse and woodcock.

It would be an expensive proposition (for a Trojan) to have a new stock made and it would likely be hard to find an orphan Trojan 0-frame stock that would fit it perfectly.

Don't lose faith though - there is hope.

Daniel Carter
04-19-2021, 05:55 PM
Jeff, if you have all the pieces some one here will point you to a stock man. Some of the repairs that have been shown on this forum are undetectable, of course it all depends on the break and what may be missing.

Bill Murphy
04-21-2021, 01:33 PM
Number one, show us the pictures.

Jeffrey Hayes
04-22-2021, 06:15 PM
Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately I am not very good at todays technology. I am having trouble getting used to this website and have always had trouble taking pictures from my phone, or computer, and put them in to any post. I do have pictures of the Parker and am trying to post them. Sorry

Jeffrey Hayes
04-23-2021, 08:54 AM
I have created an album of the same name as this title. There are 4 pictures in that album. I have tried to "manage attachments" to get them on this post but can't seem to do it. I have attached the files but can't do anymore.

Jeffrey Hayes
04-23-2021, 08:55 AM
I don't know why but I think that it worked. We will see.