PDA

View Full Version : trigger quesiton for the knowledgable masses

Richard Flanders
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
The VH12 I just got seems to have the proper RH front trigger but the rear trigger seems ever so slightly twisted for the left hand, and I notice that looking closely at some Parkers on the Internet that they are the same way. Anyone else ever notice this? There's no way it's a random thing; those Parker boys didn't do anything like that randomly....

Chris Travinski
01-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Does it shoot the left barrel first?

Richard Flanders
01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
No. The rear trigger is twisted a bit to the left on some I have looked at. I can actually feel the difference on the one I just bought.

Jack Cronkhite
01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Any chance the original order was filled for a left handed shooter? You know I'm gonna go open the steel tombs to have a look now.
Cheers,
Jack

Richard Flanders
01-15-2011, 04:33 PM
On a higher grade English or Austrian gun I might think it possible; on a Parker I haven't a clue how much attention they paid to that issue. I always look at that on any European gun I'm considering. My Chas Daly is cast on for a leftie but has right hand triggers so I know it was bent for someone at some point and not ordered that way. Having one twisted each way is new to me. You can see it on any Internet ad that shows the receiver from both sides.

Austin W Hogan
01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
The note "twist triggers for left hand" is occassionally seen in the Parker Orders. I think one of the orders was reproduced in an early Parker Pages.

Best, Austin

Kevin Origoni
02-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Funny you mention that. I have a Trojan grade that distinctively has its triggers "left oriented."

Ed Blake
02-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Does the gun have any "cast-on."