PDA

View Full Version : PGCA 2011 Raffle gun

Robin Lewis
01-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I just finished listing the PGCA 2011 Raffle gun on our web site, it is in both the Events page and the PGCS Store page. There are pictures and information on where to send for tickets.

Forum members, this is your chance to get a nice Parker so buy your tickets early and/or often.

FYI - The pictures expand if you click on them to allow you to get a good look at this years raffle gun.:cheers:

ED J, MORGAN
01-14-2011, 11:05 PM
We will later in the year, prob. July, send a book of tickets to each member, so most of you will not need to contact me for tickets unless you want more than one book.

Ed

Robin Lewis
01-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Sorry Ed, I should have been more specific. PGCA members are sent a book of tickets each year but if you are a forum member and not a member of the PGCA, see the Store or Events page to see the gun and how to get tickets.

Kirk Pfeffer
01-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Wondering when the lucky winner will be drawn?
thanks,
Kirk

Dave Suponski
01-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Kirk, The raffle drawing is done at the annual meeting in September.

ED J, MORGAN
01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
THE DH 2011 RAFFLE GUN WILL BE ON DISPLAY AT PHEASANT FEST THIS WEEK END. TICKETS WILL BE AVAIL.

Wendy Bonertz
01-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Not sure about raffle rules and regulations ..... are we Canadians able to buy (or sell) tickets?
(Getting it across the border if we should be lucky enough to win will be a whole other issue lol)

ED J, MORGAN
01-27-2011, 07:03 AM
You are able to buy. A Board member should prob. answer question about selling. Regards, Ed

Michael K. Burnley
01-27-2011, 07:42 AM
I am a new PGCA member and I kind of had the same question as the gent from up north. I was looking at the raffle gun on the site and a fellow worker and gun lover asked if he could get a ticket. I told him I didn't know. Is the raffle just for PGCA members and forum members. Thanks a bunch, Mike
P.S. I know I am going to buy some.

Robin Lewis
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Raffle tickets are sold to the general public if and when the opportunity arises. I think the question raised is, if the raffle gun is won from outside the US, can it be delivered to the winner given current Gun import and export law. Good question?

But, if you live in the US the answer is yes, so buy as many as you can afford.

Eric Eis
01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Robin I think Bruce Day brought in a Parker from Canada a few years ago maybe he can chime in and let us know the in's and out's of this process. Eric

Robin Lewis
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
That doesn't sound to hard, just takes time. I wonder if its as easy to export a gun from the US? Knowing our bureaucrats, it may be harder to get a gun out of the US.

I hope one of the BOD speaks up and makes an "official" statement on selling raffle tickets outside the US. We are a multinational organization with PGCA and forum members in several countries.

Robin Lewis
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't know how you got to automatics? I was referencing the "export" of a Parker raffle gun. Are there duties to be paid, what "import" laws on the receiving country need to be followed. A lot more paper work than a simple transfer to a US citizen I'm sure. Who will do the leg work to get the necessary forms, the PGCA, the winner or both?

My point being that the originally question asked was on point and I don't know if the BOD has even considered this situation.

If the BOD has, Ed would know how to respond to purchases and I could change the web page for the raffle gun to state the position clearly, one way or the other. So the question remains, will the PGCA take on the task of exporting a Parker raffle gun if someone outside the US wins?

Bruce Day
01-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Robin, since I obviously wasn't understood, I deleted both posts.

I responded about US exports of a Parker and distinguished the ease of export of a double barreled gun in distinction to something like a semi auto "black gun".

I will not comment on importing a gun into Canada. I leave comments on Canadian law to a Canadian, but will, if asked by my friends on the board, spend time researching the matter, as I do not know it off the top of my head.

I offered to assist the PGCA in getting any US documentation that might be required by Canada. That offer stands.

E Robert Fabian
01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Like the DH raffle gun very nice, does anyone have the specs. on it?

John Dunkle
01-27-2011, 03:10 PM
....I wonder if its as easy to export a gun from the US?....

Yes, it is easy. The firearm must go through an FFL and either that FFL transfers to an FFL Exporter (USA) OR that FFL must have a current and valid export license. The country it is being exported to - in this case - Canada - the Canadian dealer receiving must be an importer. As a Parker Shotgun is a "Non-Restricted" firearm by Canadian legal definition, it can be imported and transferred by the Importer in Canada to the PGCA Canadian resident/raffle winner, as long as that resident/winner is properly licensed for possession for that type of firearm in Canada.

As well, a Canadian Resident (who is not an Importer) can not take permanent possession of a firearm in the USA (they can borrow one while visiting the US for sporting purposes, as ownership title is not transferred, but - it can't NOT be "Imported" into Canada upon their return) - AND as they are not a US Resident, nor Non-resident alien or not a resident alien - all of whom can legally purchase firearms as outlined in Form 4473 given the substantive requirements for identification for NICS - any permanent transfer is prohibited. If they are a licensed Canadian importer - they can only take possession from a US FFL Exporter, as that firearm has not been previously registered in Canada and has no "export" paperwork leaving Canada with that PGCA Member/winner.

So - yes... It certainly is possible... The "winner" would have the PGCA Raffle firearm shipped to a licensed FFL exporter in the USA, and the Canadian PGCA Member would have to designate a Canadian importer - and then take possession in Canada. And yes, there are fees.

Yea - I answer that question more than 100 times per year.... And many times, I also have to explain it in French, which is not a problem :eek: :D

Hope this helps...

John

Robin Lewis
01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
I think I will add the following to the raffle section of the "Events" and "PGCA Store" web pages:
"The Raffle Gun winner is solely responsible for meeting any and all obligations as required in their county, state and/or country by local, state and/or federal laws to their right to own, possess and/or take possession of this firearm".

Jack Cronkhite
04-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Since I plan to be the winner and am in Canada, upon being informed that I actually am the winner I will have that beautiful gun shipped to an exporting FFL that I know. He will hold it for me while I complete the following rather "simple" process.

First off: I have a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) for non-restricted firearms. So that is taken care of (on the remote chance that another Canadian without a PAL were to win, they will need to get the PAL and you don't just go buy one - you must succeed in passing a full blown course with exam and that can take time)

Secondly: I will apply on-line to the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade for an International Import Certficate (IIC) and it's free.

Thirdly: I will apply on-line to the Canadian Firearms Center to register a "newly imported" firearm. (Even though I will never have had the gun in my possession, this step must occur as Canada Border Services will not release the gun without seeing a registration certificate) This step can take a few weeks. Also free.

Fourthly: I will send a copy of the IIC and registration certificate to my exporting FFL. I would normally also send him a "bill of sale" from whomever I purchased a gun but in this case a letter from PGCA indicating I had won the raffle would suffice.

Now I let the FFL do his thing. (NOT FREE) He has to deal with the export paperwork.

Since I am reasonably close to a border crossing that is also right in the heart of pheasant country, I try to time a pick up between Oct 1 and Jan 1. I cross into the US, tell them I'm there only to meet the FFL and take possession of my gun. I wait in my car under the watchful eye of US Border Protection agents. My FFL arrives and takes all the paperwork and the gun inside. He comes out and I follow his car into no-man's land. He gets out, hands me the gun and I hand him an envelope with remuneration for his services. We shake hands. He heads home and I head to the Canadian office. They know why I went in and out of the US because I told them I was doing this. They take possession of the gun while I sit in the car. They verify that the gun is indeed registered to me and that I do indeed have a PAL and IIC for the gun. Then I am invited in to the office to pay Canadian Goods and Services Tax on the purchase price of the gun. In this case, there will be no tax. They then give me my gun and I head to a nearby farmer's land that happens to have great pheasant habitat. I break in the new to me gun and head home with fresh pheasant for a nice dinner.

Now all that border crossing stuff can be avoided by having the exporting FFL send it as John D. mentioned but I make it an enjoyable day when I bring a southern gun north of the 49th.

Hope this helps answer for a Canadian winner, which may as well be me. If not me, I will assist another Canuck get through it if asked.

Cheers,
Jack