PDA

View Full Version : New member in Richmond, VA

Fred Helm
03-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Hi folks,

Discovering this site has been interesting, and fun to hear the various stories and such that connect folks through their Parker(s). I used to hunt quail and pheasant growing up in Winchester, VA with my grandfather. I often shot his Parker when we would hunt together.

When he died back in the 80's, he left me his Parker .20 gauge, which continues to be the most beautiful gun I've ever seen. My grandfather obtained the Parker during the Depression when a person owed him $50, and this fellow gave him the Parker in payment of the debt.

He an I used this gun back in the day. It wasn't just a show piece. I will post some pics over on the main forum board. I want to know more about it's story, and I also need to get a butt plate for it since my grandfather took the original one off and screwed in a rubber extension (!!!) since he was so tall.

Anyway, greetings!

Fred

Fred Helm
03-05-2021, 12:29 PM
Any advice on how to get a pic to upload?

It keeps telling me the attachment is invalid...

Randy G Roberts
03-05-2021, 02:05 PM
Hi Fred. Go to the home page and scroll down to the FAQ's in the tree on the left. Then scroll to the very bottom for everything you need to know about posting pics. It's not that difficult. Good luck.

Harold Lee Pickens
03-05-2021, 05:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing your Parker 20