bob weeman
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Anyone have any info on 198404?

Steve Huffman
01-10-2011, 12:21 PM
VHE 12 ga. straight stock 26" barrels

bob weeman
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the info. I am looking at buying this and it is good to see it is in it's original configuration. It is in great shape, a number 1 frame and choked .007 an .030. In Drummer in the Woods Mr. Spiller talked about his 20 guage Parker but also mentioned he had another gun on the drawing board. A straight grip 12 with 26 inch barrels and choked cylinder and full. This one is almost a perfect match to what he was thinking of.....it would be good to take a gun into the grouse woods that is just like Mr. Spiller wanted.....the price is 1900.00 which seems fair but I wish it were lower!

Dave Suponski
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Bob, I have a 16 gauge 26" PH choked Cyl and Full. Perfect grouse chokes. Good luck on your new acquisition.

Bill Murphy
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
This may be Spiller's gun. The configuration is very uncommon, enough that very few exist in that configuration. If the age is right to be Spiller's gun, you should get a PGCA letter to see if there is any unusual notation in the stock book. Very occasionally, there is a note indicating the owner or a specification that would identify the owner. Unfortunately, Spiller was not ordering new Parkers after the publication of DITW. By the way, the price is low enough that it may be gone when you go back for it.

Larry Frey
01-12-2011, 01:42 PM
The configuration is very uncommon, enough that very few exist in that configuration.

Bill,
Do you think that a gun in this configuration would warrant a premium? I certainly hope so as I have at least three of them.:)

All kidding aside, I thought this configuration was common as we see quite a few of them in the northeast. I hunt with a flusher so I never know if a bird will come up close or flush long and cylinder/full chokes and two triggers gives me all the choices I need.