PDA

View Full Version : Parker GH 12 bore #1 frame

brian burtner
01-31-2021, 08:49 AM
Bought a GH from a good friend,the piece of walnut is absolutly amazing,not straight grain at all, it was never re stocked either.It was how ever stripped of it`s old varnish and given a beautiful oil finish.Someone at the Parker factory gave this old gun a higher grade piece of wood....

Mills Morrison
01-31-2021, 09:09 AM
Very good. Share some pictures if you can.

Dean Romig
01-31-2021, 10:49 AM
Grade 2 (GH) Parkers, especially the earlier ones, often had very nice pieces of American black walnut. And more often than not only one side displayed the nicer figure, the other side being a plainer grain.

This example is a 1903 GH 12 gauge with mismatched Damascus tubes.

Brian Dudley
01-31-2021, 03:33 PM
And very early GH grade guns could have circasssian walnut on them too. These examples were usually not terribly highly figured. But they could be held on par with some DH grades.

brian burtner
02-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Nice figure about the same as my GH,just waiting to send Damascus tubes to Breck Gorman to have them brought back to life.....Mine has the original dog`s head butt plate.

Dean Romig
02-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Mine was missing the butt plate and forend when I bought it. I found two forends that fit nicely, one a splinter an the other an aftermarket beavertail. I did the pad installation myself.

I bought the POS gun for $300 in about 2003.

These Damascus barrels had been blued and I sent them to Dale to refinish so I could see the Damascus pattern.... I guess that was a mistake too... No reflection on Dale. Maybe Parker Bros had blued them to hide the mismatched Damascus rods...

How bout them cyanide tiger stripes huh?

charlie cleveland
02-09-2021, 06:50 PM
dean those colors really stand out I like them...those Damascus barrels really stand out...charlie

Dean Romig
02-09-2021, 07:44 PM
The barrels were cut back from 30” to 27” with just a few thousandths of choke. It was a 12 and I shot a lot of Skeet with it.