PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Help

ChristopherDamron
12-31-2020, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone and happy new year. I am an FFL and definitely not a shotgun guy at all. A family member recently gave me a parker bros shotgun to sell for him. I decided to check it out and went through the "how to identify your parker bros shotgun" article but it makes no sense. The grade on mine isnt even listed ( OV) even if I take the O away there is no V grade. Also the there is no gauge listed anywhere. If anyone could help me identify it I would appreciate it. Checking the SN it supposedly was made in 1914. I know it's made of Trojan steel because it says on the rib. Other than that I'm lost.

I appreciate any help so I can actually tell some of my customers eagerly awaiting what I actually have. Thanks in advance for any help.

J. Scott Hanes
12-31-2020, 03:50 PM
It is a Trojan grade [the lowest field grade Parker offered] for sure. Your serial #/year of production are correct. The rest will have to be answered by the more expert members here. It would help them if you take a few more photos showing the muzzle from a top view and the same view of the breech in a closed position. Include one with the serial number which is engraved on the tang behind the trigger guard. Include a photo of the forend taken off and showing the serial number there.

It appears to be in average condition; appears to be a 12 gauge with at least 30" barrels.

ChristopherDamron
12-31-2020, 04:11 PM
Thank you very much. I assumed it was but like I said I couldnt "verify" 100% based on the article I was going off of. I will work on trying to get those photos uploaded shortly. It was my dad who bought it and he got a good deal and wanted to make a few $ so figured I would help.

Dean Romig
12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
The 2 stamped on the bottom of the barrel lug identifies it as a 2-frame and therefor, a 12 gauge - the only boring Parker made for a 2-frame Trojan.