PDA

View Full Version : Recent first Parker and question

Don Bock
12-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Hello, my first posting here, glad to be here. I bought my first Parker a few months back. It's only a shooter grade gun as someone else installed an incorrect stock. First quest: my Parker 12 guage, VH grade #1 frame and 32" barrels is searial #171113 dating it to 1915 manufactured but my PGCA letter awhile back which states it was shipped in November 1918. Was it a normal thing for the factory to keep a gun on inventory up to 3 years?

I have only fired each barrel once, functioning was as it should be. Chokes are .692 r/h, .682 l/h, barrel thickness at muzzle is .53 right, and .50 left.

I would like to attach photos but frankly, and I'm embarrassed by this, I have yet to actually send a post, this is my fouth attempt in a month. Hope this one goes thru.

Thanks,
Don

keavin nelson
12-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the fold Don! The #1 frame 12s are very nice handling guns. It well could have set in inventory that long. You mention wall thickness at the muzzle, but checking it elsewhere along the bore is worth the time if you have a smith in the area who has a gauge.
If you go to the "Go Advanced" tab below, you will see a clip icon, which will bring up the section to load photos from., Or you can use the insert image icon above.

Chuck Bishop
12-15-2020, 11:34 AM
Don, not unusual at all. There were 4 other guns ordered along with yours. The earliest S/N was yours 171113 and the latest was 181740 which was a 1918 gun. VH's were made in great quantities, some shipped right away, some held in inventory. In the order books, some orders contained hundreds of guns so some had to be held in inventory to meet the demand.

Don Bock
01-27-2021, 03:24 PM
Hope these show where stock protrudes from frame. My phone screen so small I can't see much detail or just which photos I chose out of several on attachments. Hmmm don't know where I went wrong on sending attachments. Please delete this.