PDA

View Full Version : Parker question

dennyrue
01-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Happy New Year. I am new to this forum, and wondered if someone could direct me to the best place to sell a Parker shotgun. I am a hunter, and not a collector,and have been holding part of my Grandfather's amazing collection of firearms he left me. I have a 12 gauge VHE, never fired, in absolute mint condition, and I would love to see a true collector own it, allowing it to be enjoyed and appreciated. Any advice appreciated.

Jim Tiner
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Danny welcome to the PGCA forums...If you could provide more info, barrel length, serial number, frame size, type of barrels Damascus or steel it would help. Although this is not the proper place to try and sell guns, they will probably help you. A lot of the Parker experts are at a New Years shoot in NH, they will be back soon. If you want my opinion with my limited knowledge then PM me via this forum and we can get you started..:)

dennyrue
01-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks Jim. I will try to post some pix later then.What do you mean by frame type? Also, I hope I didnt break forum rules,as I mentioned I was just wondering if anyone knew a collector who might like this awesome piece.

Fred Lowe
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Post lots of pictures here, not for sale, and get opinions from the experts. Then put in on GunBroker.com and make the members aware of the auction. Whom ever is willing to pay the most, should get the gun. These guns are made to shoot, and hopefully it will be well cared for, and shot occasionally. Look forward to seeing photos.

Jim Tiner
01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Denny, I should have said Frame Size, it is located on the barrel lug, it will have two sets of numbers, one is the gauge and the other is the frame size. Go to the PGCA home page and click on "Technical Information", then click on "Watertable and Flat Proofs", its located on the top right.

dennyrue
01-01-2011, 08:01 PM
here are some images of the gun. serial numbers match on on all the parts. 235 156
28" barrell
frame # 12...1 1/4(?) (cannot read this fraction number well, second digit didnt stamp well)

dennyrue
01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Serial number on all parts is: 235 156
28 barrell
stamp on barrell lug... 12 1 1/4 (?) ( this second digit of the fraction number appears not to have stamped very well. guessing it's 1/4)

Dave Suponski
01-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Denny,Can you take some additional pictures of this oustanding gun! Do you have any paperwork or shipping cartons?

Robin Lewis
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
WOW, NICE GUN!

Paul Ehlers
01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Denny,

Your gun look's like it is in very,very nice condition and has a nicely figured piece of wood
for the grade of gun.

If I had a gun like this that I wanted to sell. I would probably contact one of the auction houses like James Julia or one of the others and have them appraise it and possibly consign it to them to sell for you. More than likely this will bring the highest dollar value for it.

You might want to keep the gun yourself though. I only wish I had an inheritance gun like this. What a fine item to have as a lasting memory from your grandfather. Once it's gone, it's gone forever. Think about what the gun meant to your grandfather, for him to have kept in this condition over all these years.

FYI, Your gun is a VH rather than a VHE. It is an extractor gun rather than an ejector model.

Dave Suponski
01-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Didn't Ed Muderlak realize realize somewhere around $10K through a James D Julia auction for his unfired 12 ga. Trojan with original shipping carton and hang tags?

Dean Romig
01-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Oops.... :o

That was me posting under Daves sign-on. He neglected to sign out when he left the room. I do believe I remember EDM's Trojan bringing such a sum a few years ago.

James T. Kucaba
01-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Didn't Ed Muderlak realize realize somewhere around $10K through a James D Julia auction for his unfired 12 ga. Trojan with original shipping carton and hang tags?

Yes, Ed Muderlak's NEW IN BOX, with hang tags, 12ga Trojan brought $10,000.00 at a James Julia Auction a few years ago ... And, I'm still kicking myself for not buying it when Ed offered it to me before sending it to Jim Julia.

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

Rich Anderson
01-02-2011, 11:36 AM
EDM sold a NIB Trojan to one of our members along with a high condition 20ga VHE skeet gun. That member sold the skeet gun privately and the Trojan but I don't know if it was through an auction like Julia's or not. I do know EDM was upset that he sold the gun as he made a profit.

Eric Eis
01-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Rich you are correct Ed did sell the gun to a second party and they were the one's that sold the Trojan through Julia's. Eric

dennyrue
01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you for the feedback. My grandfather had quite the collection...including pre-64 model 70 and 54 Winchesters, all unfired.I have several others. I have his WWI uniform,helmets,.45 plus army issue ammo and all his paperwork too.He was 88 when he passed in '85.
I do not consider myself a collector,I do hunt deer,but my family is not into this gun collecting thing. I was hoping to find someone who loves the Parker collectables and pap's old 'dont shoot the gun' collecting can live on.

Richard Flanders
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Now that looks like a truly mint Parker. What a beauty! I bet the insides don't look anything they do on the the one I've spent all day today dismantling and cleaning! What a gorgeous stock. Go Remington!

Jim Tiner
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Denny, I fully understand..When you get a chance send me an email..tinerj@earthlink.net. Thanks

dennyrue
01-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I do not have any paper work on it. He had the boxes for this and the trojan 16 gauge til they moved in the 70's and the corners got crushed so he pitched them!

Richard Flanders
01-02-2011, 10:06 PM
:crying:

dennyrue
01-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I see so many Parker VH's talked about with the 30" barrels...are my 28's unusual?

Dave Suponski
01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Dennis, No not really. They are the second most common.

dennyrue
01-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks for that info!