PDA

View Full Version : Parker Value

ray Esposito
12-31-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a Parker Bros. 16 gauge double barrel shotgun I'm interested in what the value might be. Made in 1909, frame size 1, barrel weight 4

Barrel type Parker Special steel, Parker GH grade 2 with ejectors.
It's hard for me to evaluate it's condition but I think it's in good shape. Shoots great although I havent taken it out for years., I used to hunt with it years ago. I dont know much about bluing but the barrels look in nice shape no scratches that I can visibly see. The stock is a darker brown finish, has some scratches. The butt plate is missing.

Robin Lewis
12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Can you post some pictures for us to see? We like pictures.

Bill Murphy
12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
All I can tell you is that it is a valuable gun. Send us the serial number and all markings on the gun and we will tell you what we can about your gun. If you can figure out how to post pictures, that will help a lot.

ray Esposito
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Ok I'll try and post some pictures. I can tell you about the markings and serial #
151939. Some of the markings- one side has 2 ducks or geese flying with scrolling all around. Other side has 2 birds walking with scrolling all around. Bottom has birds with long tails like pheasant walking encased in a circle with scrolling around. Birds on both sides also encased in circles. Trigger guard has some scrolling on it. Stock I believe is pistol grip with checking on both sides. The upper part of the stock under the barrels has checking on it. The bottom edge of the stock close to the rear has what looks like some sort of silver emblem embedded in it.