PDA

View Full Version : Returning member

Kerilynn Viccione
09-19-2020, 04:04 PM
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say hi. I am an unconventional Parker enthusiast- I teach first grade and collect Parker guns- it's fun to work into conversations :) I just picked up my fifth Parker this week and I've had to look up some info about it. While I was here, I forgot how much fun it was to read about everyone's treasures. Hope all is well, nice to meet you all...Kerilynn

Dean Romig
09-19-2020, 04:42 PM
It's nice to meet you too Kerilynn.

Daryl Corona
09-19-2020, 05:55 PM
Please tell us more about your Parkers Kerilynn. We also love pictures here.:)
Welcome back into the fold.

Bill Murphy
09-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Yeah, we want to hear about all five of your Parkers.

David Noble
09-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Kerilynn, welcome back to the PGCA. When did you first join? We would all enjoy hearing about your Parkers. And pictures are always welcomed!

Kerilynn Viccione
09-20-2020, 06:52 PM
Thanks all, will send along pictures in a moment...

Kerilynn Viccione
09-20-2020, 07:05 PM
Here is my favorite-
GH 20 gauge, grade 2, Special Steel, 1929
I love it for many reasons, but I especially love that you can see the grain of the wood so clearly through the checkering and it has 90% case color hardening...

Kerilynn Viccione
09-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Here are more pictures- Forgive the rush, I can send more info another time, here are two 12s and another 20 gauge...
One is not at my house, so I'll send that one along separately...

Mills Morrison
09-20-2020, 08:47 PM
Very nice! Welcome back and thank you for sharing the pictures

Russell E. Cleary
09-20-2020, 09:37 PM
Kerilynn:

You should bring those guns for a round of sporting clays and for “show and tell” at the Chuck Bishop Recognition Shoot at Addieville East Farm, Mapleville, Rhode Island on Saturday, October 17th.

It is referenced in the Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions section of this Forum on the “Addieville in October?” thread.

David Noble
09-20-2020, 09:38 PM
Nice collection Kerilynn. Your GH 20 stock has nice figure. I am partial to G grade guns also. They are quite tastefully engraved and most do have some nice wood for the grade.
Just wondering, what was the impetus for your Parker affliction?

Kerilynn Viccione
09-21-2020, 07:32 PM
Hi David,
The impetus was simply holding a Parker for the first time. I just loved everything about it. It was a plain steel barrel with no engravings, very simple everything, hammered, from the late 1800s and very rustic looking. When I held it, I just imagined who had held it originally, maybe even close to where I was standing. It was made just a short distance away. It was even before the damascus was popularly used for barrels on these guns. The stamps identified the inspector and I researched as much as I could about the gun. It brought history to life. I grew up in a house that was built in 1760 in CT. I held the gun and I pictured the family that owned this gun- it was their lifeline. It was food, protection, security in a very scary place and time, I imagine. The fact that it was still here, close to where it began, passing hands and keeping the stories and the history and the memories of everyone who came before alive - whether good or bad- it was a powerful connection and a feeling that I wanted to have more. More stories, more history, more connection. Every Parker I come across has different features that reflect their owners. From the engravings to the wood, the barrels, the triggers, and right up to the care of the gun. And now I realized you asked me a very simple question and I've been rambling on ...
You won't make that mistake again :)
Thanks for asking, though!

Daniel Carter
09-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Kerrilynn, you have put words to how many of us feel about our guns. I sometimes imagine the marks on a VH i have on the barrels come from the metal sides of a sink box or at least something of that nature that a market hunter used. If they could only tell us.

Joe Dreisch
09-22-2020, 10:31 AM
xxxxxxxx

Joe Dreisch
09-22-2020, 10:35 AM
"And now I realized you asked me a very simple question and I've been rambling on .."

I enjoyed every word of your rambling and could not agree with you more!!!