PDA

View Full Version : New member from Illinois

Joe Martin
08-23-2020, 08:05 PM
hello everyone and thanks for adding me to the group. I know you have heard this story a hundred times but I received my Parker Brothers shotgun when my father in-law passed away. To be honest I had never heard of Parker shotguns until then. I have several shotguns and mostly hunt with Remington shotguns. I have looked on several boards and found the most information here so I decided join to see what else I can learn. From what I have been seeing I might have found another shotgun to collect (my wife will kill me). It is a 16 gauge VH SER# 215### and what looks like a U or V under SER#. Any information that could be added is welcome. This gun was last fired around late 80"s. Thanks and I look forward to hearing what you might have to say.

Joe

Dave Noreen
08-24-2020, 12:25 PM
Welcome aboard. Looks like you got overlooked by folks posting on New Member From North Florida. Go to the Home Page, select Research Letters, in Serial Number Search pick the red here and type your serial number in the box that pops up and see if the PGCA has records for your gun. If we do, join up and order a Research letter.

Brian Dudley
08-24-2020, 12:41 PM
You have a VH grade Parker.

Harold Lee Pickens
08-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Nice looking VH 16--that was my first Parker also. Looks to be in good shape. Is it a 1 or O frame gun--there will either be a 1 or a O stamped on the barrel lug

Joe Martin
08-24-2020, 06:20 PM
I will check when I get off work. Sad part is I do not hunt bird anymore so this shotgun will sit in the safe.

George Davis
08-25-2020, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the Parker family!! I'm originally from central Illinois what part of Illinois are you from?

Joe Martin
08-25-2020, 09:03 PM
between Springfield and Jacksonville

Tom Hunter
08-26-2020, 09:18 AM
I joined Parker Guns to get insight on a closet find...and the gun is actually Pictured on the website home page...the grade of my shotgun appears to be B and the engravings the same. The visual condition is similar.

I am inquiring about a local worthy establishment or person to check out the gun...I want to get it working and back into the field.

With luck, I will learn to attach photos

George Davis
08-26-2020, 09:40 AM
Joe, I grow-up on a farm halfway between Shelbyville and Effingham.

Joe Martin
08-26-2020, 07:34 PM
Fished lake Shelbyville a few times.

Wes Stueber
08-31-2020, 06:03 PM
Welcome from another IL PGCA member, Joe! I bird hunt a lot in your neck of the woods!