PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Washington State

Bob Taylor
08-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Have just purchased a 12 gauge, Parker Repro Steel Shot Special with 28" barrels and a single, selective trigger. Besides admiring it, the pups and I plan to use it on upland game and, when it's not raining here in the Pacific Northwest :) , on waterfowl.
Would appreciate any comments from folks with experience with a similar type Parker: loads used, types of hunting, etc.

Harold Lee Pickens
08-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Welcome aboard Bob! Sounds like a great gun, and we always enjoy pictures. It is very easy to post them here.

Bob Taylor
08-05-2020, 11:56 PM
Harold, I don't have it in hand yet; being shipped from Kevin's Guns in Thomasville, GA. Should have it middle of next week and then will attempt figuring out how to post a picture!

Dave Noreen
08-06-2020, 08:37 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm on the other side of Washington, where I can see Idaho from the deck on the east side of my house. I have no experience with the Parker Repros. While most of my hunting has been with Ansley H. Fox doubles, my Father shot a lot of Columbia Basin waterfowl with his 1902 vintage Quality VH Parker from 1960 when he got it until he quit hunting after the 1987-8 season.

Bob Taylor
08-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm on the other side of Washington, where I can see Idaho from the deck on the east side of my house. I have no experience with the Parker Repros. While most of my hunting has been with Ansley H. Fox doubles, my Father shot a lot of Columbia Basin waterfowl with his 1902 vintage Quality VH Parker from 1960 when he got it until he quit hunting after the 1987-8 season.

Dave, I've been slavering over the new Foxes produced by the Connecticut Shotgun Company but, for now, I'd be looking for a new wife if I order one of those! Going to be happy with the Parker Repro for some time and will be using it a lot for pheasants, grouse, chukars, and, on days when it's not raining around here, waterfowl.